Help on Shaving the Edge

If the film is moving then it isnt dry enough. As was mentioned you can use a heat gun but a lot of times that will melt the film. I think the best way is to just let it dry for about 15-20 minutes before you shave the top edge, just make sure the top edge is really clean

If the film is moving then it isnt dry enough. As was mentioned you can use a heat gun but a lot of times that will melt the film. I think the best way is to just let it dry for about 15-20 minutes before you shave the top edge, just make sure the top edge is really clean

When ever I have a problem with the film moving and I cant tack it down, I use a torch on the outside of the glass for about 10 seconds across the top.

Guest shaver
We typically do just one or the other.... When I started shaving I used a Xacto knife... then taught myself the file.. now working on using the olfa.. :dunno

Ahhh...the olfa. I keep it on me like I do my cellphone...lost without it. I posted in a thread before, but I "accidentaly" applied this yesterday. After messing with the file. I felt like the file came out sloppy, but the shaving tecnique is dead on. I think I'll practice this more tonight.

Archived