dry shrink

I'v been dry shrinking for 2 years now and love it. I'v been doing an H pattern on the backglass and have had problems with the corners of the backglass, having to move the fingers out and heat em down. That works but sometimes I crease the film and sometimes I dont.

So...now what I'v been doing is just a line across the backglass --- no H pattern. Thats seems to work better and no problems but I get little fingers after install......even with a wet check..... :spit

I was thinking about using more heat....2 heatguns.... :beer Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Any input would be great......... :nope

:rollin

I always used just a line down or near the middle; sometimes more arced depending on the vehicle. I've tried the H pattern and hated it. Never had much problem with fingers after the install but maybe I was spending more time on the shrinking process. This is with 3M films by the way. Are you doing the wet check after you've cut the pattern to size for install? :rollin Also, if you're just wetting a few inches down and then trying it the film may lie to you a bit. It's got to be either wet or dry throughout.

Guest tintmanlibby
I'v been dry shrinking for 2 years now and love it. I'v been doing an H pattern on the backglass and have had problems with the corners of the backglass, having to move the fingers out and heat em down. That works but sometimes I crease the film and sometimes I dont.

So...now what I'v been doing is just a line across the backglass --- no H pattern. Thats seems to work better and no problems but I get little fingers after install......even with a wet check..... :lol

I was thinking about using more heat....2 heatguns.... :thumb Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Any input would be great......... :beer

:gasp

that 2 heat gun thing is the gayest thing ive ever seen :gay it's really a under the tint heat method .it's done by trapping the air .

do an h start you srinking in the middle on the bottom side ,but there is a better way pm me and ill send you a traning video on the trapping the air method :thumb ill help you out z :spit

that 2 heat gun thing is the gayest thing ive ever seen :lol

I know tinters who do it and wouldn't do it any other way. :gasp we all do things differently. I personally always thought the 'trapping the air method' was the gayest thing every. :thumb

Guest tintmanlibby
that 2 heat gun thing is the gayest thing ive ever seen :lol2

I know tinters who do it and wouldn't do it any other way. :lol2 we all do things differently. I personally always thought the 'trapping the air method' was the gayest thing every. :poke

your so funny :lol2 hey I ll pm you some pic.'s of a new light display im making .ull love it

how is everthing :lol2

So...now what I'v been doing is just a line across the backglass --- no H pattern. Thats seems to work better and no problems but I get little fingers after install......even with a wet check
Hey zeus, when you do your final wet check do you force a few extra fingers to come up and shrink them as well? You almost want to overshrink it just a little so it hugs tight to the glass.

:poke You really have to force some fingers up after the dry shrink, if you do enough of them there's no need for a wet check. I don't use the H either, just a horizontal anchor just above the half way point with a little Y shape on the sides like this...

>------<

and hold/pull the sides down as I shrink. :lol2

Archived