Mini Panes

I'm slow on those as well and silicone sucks ,I charge a $1 more per sqft and do them one row at a time (top to bottom). I've found that when I'd try 2 rows the lower row will always have trash no matter how well I'd clean ...

Im charging per pane

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I charge a ton each for them... so I don't get many of the jobs. Which is fine..

I normally use a dry adhesive film for FG... but for the small pains, I'll use a PS film. Seems to work better with keeping them nice and clean.

I charge a ton each for them... so I don't get many of the jobs. Which is fine..

I normally use a dry adhesive film for FG... but for the small pains, I'll use a PS film. Seems to work better with keeping them nice and clean.

Thats a good point Roach. Madico has CH35/20 Auto film warrantied on their FG warranty, and I have used it for french panes. Once you stick it, it stays stuck, with reduced chance of it pulling back allowing water and trash to get in it. Much cleaner job. Also, MAC is PS adhesive (Madico should improve this film. PS adhesive only, and the numbers aren't that great, especially when you consider what it costs), and I have used it for mini panes, and it turned out better.

Make sure that you precut the nexact size.

Cutting on the window causes the dirt floating behind the film. :lol

Although I do agree with you...Im not willing to add 4 hours to the job.

Come on old schoolers...someone's got to have a "trick" to these.

Guest Dave Lewis

I trim the film on the glass with the liner still on

Then clean the glass remove the liner and install film

Exact fit no fingers for dirt to slip under

They come out very clean for me.

Guest Solscreen

Pre cut exact size I have used a sliding guillatine cutter, takes time to do, I had my Mrs cut them for me, think we had about 2500 at about 3 ins by 4 ins, in a house about 200 years old

Guest shadowline

This was a pain......

cleararmorcoatfilm-1.jpg

There were 4 bays like this in the back of the house, wooden frames but only a few years old. The front of the house were same style but 70 years old, plenty of flaky paint etc took ages!

Archived