Warning if popping panels on '09 Pilot

ive ran into this and never had the problem with it not opening from the out side! its great having knowlegde to fix your own mistakes. I remember several cars going to this style with the little green slide clips. these clips have been broke at my shop on a accord. I was slammed one day add had a co-worker remove the pannels so that I could skin the gaskets. he broke it and the clip can not be replace, it is part of the cable. as I said I was slammed at the shop, so the only choice I had is to hot glue it back together. there was enough clip left on one side to repair it this way. this was last summer and the repair has held up. thank god!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about leaving the panels on?I am tired of seeing so many installers taking off panels.Yeah I can understand some panels need popping but it seems too many of you just do not know how to install the film on the simplest of doors.

true that! I real professional can tint windows without removing anything at all on almost any car!

:dunno

just did one yesterday....just don't let the cables unclip from behind the handles. if they do it's no big deal....just clip them back into place.

yep same here,I check them on every panel before replacing :spit

just did one yesterday....just don't let the cables unclip from behind the handles. if they do it's no big deal....just clip them back into place.

yep same here,I check them on every panel before replacing :spit

so how do you skin a weather strip with the panel still on the door?

Except for a very few cars (IS 350, Lancer come to mind) I never pull panels. And I don't bend rubber seals either. Long fingernails and a Conquistador, that's all folks..

This obnoxious criticism of pulling panels reminds me of people who say it's better to use a computer cut system so that "no sharp blades come in contact with the car." :thumb

I used to tint all vehicles without pulling panels and now I pull a lot of them. I deal with A LOT less problems as a result and I'm glad I made the transition. It doesn't make a person more or less professional, but my installations are top quality and the result is what counts.

Toyota and Nissan can pop loose as well. I would have asked them to bring it back to me first to check it. Amazing what the dealer will charge for a 5 min fix.

How about leaving the panels on?I am tired of seeing so many installers taking off panels.Yeah I can understand some panels need popping but it seems too many of you just do not know how to install the film on the simplest of doors.

true that! I real professional can tint windows without removing anything at all on almost any car!

:dunno

. That's right a professional is abbie to do any car without taking apart pannels , I never do it Iam able to do any car and I don't have to take part anything. Hahaha:)

Archived