Jetta wagon??!!

tintinater

Saw my first one of these today cause it came in to be tinted. I have some questions....how do you remove the rear view mirror on a 2005 VW? The base of the mirror is small and round. Is it a twist type? Is it a slide up? Anyones help would be appreciated. :thumb

ewww I hate all those VW mirrors and I avoid them as much as possilbe. Most of them are twist to the <------------- one time I did that the whole mirror button came off with half the windshield, it was an early 90's and I was determined be cautious.

Well..........I worked on the VW today and still could not remove the rear view mirror and I was not gonna risk breaking the glass. Soooooooo....I cut around it and put a slit in it. :dunno The good news is that it was Winco 60 that I put on the whole windshield so you cant see it unless you really look for it. Why the whole windshield? The owner has lupus and cant take any sun exposure anymore and she is a US Marshal and I do all their work! :dunno

Guest maddtinter

This car is becoming more popular in my area.Not too bad to tint.Did notice that the door panels are really close to the glass.If anything gets stuck between the glass and tint there It will sure do damage..Also,I noticed that on one that I tinted the rear door windows squeal/squeek when they are rolled down.

Guest maddtinter
This car is becoming more popular in my area.Not too bad to tint.Did notice that the door panels are really close to the glass.If anything gets stuck between the glass and tint there It will sure do damage..Also,I noticed that on one that I tinted the rear door windows squeal/squeek when they are rolled down.
Figured out that the lower felt/wiper was flipped down on both sides of rear doors.It came in the shop that way.PIA to pull back up without damaging something.Patience though and using several different tools and I was able to correct it.

Archived