ATC Fading Warranty

Guest cleanwork

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I myself choose not to carry this line yet untill they figure whats going on with its clear coat. my friend in gcs had exsplained to me with the lighter shades the clear is flaking off during install. he informed me the the 30% was flaking from hard cards pushing water out, of course my chin hit the floor. im using p/p and atr and have used these for 15 years. yes they are both pretty costly and yes there is the better Llumar films, but I just cant see myself changing something that is NOT BROKE... I can count on two hands(less than 10) how many warrenty jobs ive done since ive used Llumar

warrent card states

p/p and llumatar (at charcoal,atr charcoal and axcess are warented against color change as the original purchaser retains ownership of the vehicle

I only imagine at charcoal is atc? somebody correct me if im wrong?

lol card then reads the above warrenty does not cover fading or any defects other than those specified above

Something about the adhesive on the atc scares me. It has a nice color but something about the adhesive reminds me of the formula one classic film and I definately don't want to go down that road :dunno But it does have a lifetime nofade warranty but I haven't read the fine print so only time will tell on this film.

Something about the adhesive on the atc scares me. It has a nice color but something about the adhesive reminds me of the formula one classic film and I definately don't want to go down that road :dunno But it does have a lifetime nofade warranty but I haven't read the fine print so only time will tell on this film.

my warrenty cards state that it doesnt cover fading? just color change

Personally , I believe everything eventually fades under the sun..so I don't warranty fading, I'm just upfront with the customer that selling them a good quality film will hold up for yrs with fading..but will eventually fade to a certain degree .

I myself choose not to carry this line yet untill they figure whats going on with its clear coat. my friend in gcs had exsplained to me with the lighter shades the clear is flaking off during install. he informed me the the 30% was flaking from hard cards pushing water out, of course my chin hit the floor. im using p/p and atr and have used these for 15 years. yes they are both pretty costly and yes there is the better Llumar films, but I just cant see myself changing something that is NOT BROKE... I can count on two hands(less than 10) how many warrenty jobs ive done since ive used Llumar

warrent card states

p/p and llumatar (at charcoal,atr charcoal and axcess are warented against color change as the original purchaser retains ownership of the vehicle

I only imagine at charcoal is atc? somebody correct me if im wrong?

lol card then reads the above warrenty does not cover fading or any defects other than those specified above

I agree with you . ATr is an awsome film . Been putting on here in florida since '98 and no come back except the sicos who who keeps there car for 10 yrs in perfect condition. Every one is going with the cheaper films .When I started probably 80% of the installers used llumar now its probably 20% .

For a long while Jet, AT and F1 Classic were all 1mil/1ply films. Now the AT is ATC and is 1.5mil. So is Classic. Jet is still 1mil. The adhesive failures in the Classic line were/are pretty typical of any 1mil film installed on cars after a period of time (bubbling). I've had bubbling with all the manu's 1mil auto lines. Moral to the story is avoid 1mil films if offering lifetime warranty on a car.

You will gain VLT #'s over time with any color stable line. What you want to do is minimize that occurrence. Stick with Madico's Charcool, Llumar's ATC/ATR/ATX, Sun Tek's Carbon, Johnson's Greystone, 3M's CS, etc... and the fading/color change won't be your main concern. How well it holds up might be.

Archived