nissan pulser/sunny

Guest james#70

Guest james#70

Had trouble with this rear screen.

Removed spoiler to get access to the curve on top. Was using baby powder/soap method dry shrink.

Set the anchor higher than normal, had no problems shrinking the film to the glass. But where I had wiped a anchor, I do a H on the screen, on the sides it wouldnt sit flat. Wet checked it after, and all was fine other than on the edge of the screen, it still wouldnt lay down completley flat. Tried taking these from the sides to the bottom so could be shrunk down/up, but it didnt want to know.

Had a good few attempts, on when on install all was fine apart from the sides again. Small fingers coming across, also where the rear defroster pluges right on the sides of the screen was hard to get it flat around them.

Heres the car in question

pulser006paint.jpg

Guest shadowline

Did one of those last month, couldnt remove the spoiler on mine as it has been bonded on. Shrunk the rear using the soap method, dont recall any issues then installed, the top ? 3 inches that were not tinted, was not visiable inside or outside the car due to the rear wing. The only time you could see clear glass was when the hatch was opened so I put a 3 inch strip across the top in side, bingo!. The custy didnt even notice until I pointed it out and gave me a tip for doing all I could without being able to get the wing off. What film are you using?

Guest james#70
Was using baby powder/soap method dry shrink.

Huh? Powder and soap shrink are two entirely different techniques, what do you mean. :thumb:thumb

I mean powder, then put the H on the screen with soap solution.

Guest james#70
Did one of those last month, couldnt remove the spoiler on mine as it has been bonded on. Shrunk the rear using the soap method, dont recall any issues then installed, the top ? 3 inches that were not tinted, was not visiable inside or outside the car due to the rear wing. The only time you could see clear glass was when the hatch was opened so I put a 3 inch strip across the top in side, bingo!. The custy didnt even notice until I pointed it out and gave me a tip for doing all I could without being able to get the wing off. What film are you using?

There only bonded under the centre part, bit of persuasion and it comes off, 2 screws on spoiler hidden under clips, and 3 from inside tailgate.

I did it one piece.

How did you go around installing it around the 2 heated windscreen bits on either side of the screen, tight.

oh and suntek standard 20

Guest shadowline

There only bonded under the centre part, bit of persuasion and it comes off, 2 screws on spoiler hidden under clips, and 3 from inside tailgate.

I did it one piece.

How did you go around installing it around the 2 heated windscreen bits on either side of the screen, tight.

oh and suntek standard 20

No this one had been bonded on across the whole spoiler, it was a GTR added onto a non GTR car! Hence I had to add the 3 inch strip across the top after install. The heater elements werent a problem, cut out the connection holes after shrinking, if I remember there is a 3rd element bottom right that has to be cut out. Cut the 3 holes then reverse roll wasnt too bad

Archived