Security film on airport window regulations

Hi guys.

We are doing some work at our local airport. Just some mirror film work around the building.

We have been made aware or regulations that govern security film appliaction with bomb proof properties that have to be applied to all airport glass.

Does anybody know where we can get details of these regualtions to pass onto the guys at the airport and try and drive some more work out of them?

Thanks, Jon

Do you mean regulations for the Isle of Man? Would they use the same regs as UK?

Someone here might have a link to what is standard for US airports - maybe local authorities would go with that.

I think the regulations for the Isle of Man should be the same as the UK but even USA regulations would go some way as to help Im sure

JP - Don't know myself what regs are (or what film you like to use) - but I did search online and found several writeups of installations including the films used at airports in the US and other parts of the world. You might be to get some of these to show for approval.

JP - Don't know myself what regs are (or what film you like to use) - but I did search online and found several writeups of installations including the films used at airports in the US and other parts of the world. You might be to get some of these to show for approval.

That sounds good, do you have any links to these articles by any chance?

Thanks

That sounds good, do you have any links to these articles by any chance?

Thanks

Just do a Google search using terms like "safety film" and airport. Also contact the manufacturer(s) of films you use and see if they have info. The other issue for you will be if you are experienced with safety film installation. Trickier than installing standard solar window films. Good Luck.

Guest colorado

not sure but some 14mil with a skilled 995 crew should do it. the boys who regulate federal flight whatever the acc FFA something would be the fellas you need to get with on that. but im sure they aggree film 995 and maybe a blind blast system. that my two cents for when s..= gos down. if its not attatched all its good for is identification and maybe open casket funeral.. sorry but thats the truth. government should be spending there bailout on window security from signal defense to stop all the gov eavesdroppers, every daycare would be a start but it would suck to leave a olpha behind that day. anyways I need a job and been buggn the forum. so (ALMO YOU READY?)

Archived