Cloth cleaning in a 05 equinix chevy

Guest tint51

have you let it dry ??? I know this sounds like a dumb answer... but lots of new vehicles get 'stained' looking until they dry....

besides.... unless you put someting in your water to stain it... you shouldn't be having any problems... :shock

have you let it dry ??? I know this sounds like a dumb answer... but lots of new vehicles get 'stained' looking until they dry....

besides.... unless you put someting in your water to stain it... you shouldn't be having any problems... :shock

Thats the problem even if you put water on it it stains.. Have not found anythng to clean the seats with...

Guest WASHBOY

These seats are a pain, but can be delt with. When cleaning the seat, make sure you clean with a even amount throughout the whole seat. Take out your trusty blow dryer and a dry towel. Blot the seat with the towel and keep the blow dryer moving throughout the seat to insure that it dry's without leaving the water stain. This should take care of the problem. "fabric protected is not for cleaning it is to protect the seat after cleaning correctly!"

(This happens on new seats because of the new foam they use under the fabric, it dose not let the extraction procces work as well because the foam will hold it a slowly relase it iver time as the foam begins to dry. So we must speed up the drying time!)

Guest tint51
These seats are a pain, but can be delt with. When cleaning the seat, make sure you clean with a even amount throughout the whole seat. Take out your trusty blow dryer and a dry towel. Blot the seat with the towel and keep the blow dryer moving throughout the seat to insure that it dry's without leaving the water stain. This should take care of the problem. "fabric protected is not for cleaning it is to protect the seat after cleaning correctly!"

(This happens on new seats because of the new foam they use under the fabric, it dose not let the extraction procces work as well because the foam will hold it a slowly relase it iver time as the foam begins to dry. So we must speed up the drying time!)

Thanks for the reply.. I steam cleaned them and made them look better.. but not prefect... And made it wet all the way so it would dry the same..

I used to have an account detailing for a Ford dealership and stopped doing work for them after the nightmares I had with cleaning the F-150/Escape seats. (That and not paying me for 3 months!) They were getting mad because I couldn't get the seats clean. They wouldn't listen to me when I told them that it was the crap fabric and to start Scotchgarding every F-150/Escape they sold. It was a pretty redneck dealership that dealt mainly with farmers...who bought F-150's....I was getting the worst of the worst. Like has been said, about the only thing I've found to get them to look halfway decent is to get them all uniformly wet and let it dry. I found Resolve worked really good at lightening up heavy stains on them.

Archived