Transfer Board

Guest Romero

yeah and I was really worried that it was at ME!!

I just love, or perhaps should say loathe, the comments that are made about something or other that makes a mobile, semi-mobile, or anyone else that doesn't do something just the "RIGHT WAY" as being lees than professional......

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they have both cut outs on hand, but here in florida its a law..if you have a tail light out and you dont have it tinted over they can only give you a warning ticket if you cover it you get a ticket...

so all my dealers get it that way "cut out"

I wanted to say something about that before but I didnt feel like hearing the feedback. Covering any rear light with anything(covers, whatever)is !llegal in alot of states. If you check toyotas cars tinted at port of origin there always cut out. :lol2

they have both cut outs on hand, but here in florida its a law..if you have a tail light out and you dont have it tinted over they can only give you a warning ticket if you cover it you get a ticket...

so all my dealers get it that way "cut out"

I wanted to say something about that before but I didnt feel like hearing the feedback. Covering any rear light with anything(covers, whatever)is !llegal in alot of states. If you check toyotas cars tinted at port of origin there always cut out. :twocents

Just another example of stupid laws in America. Anyone that has seen the third brake light at night that has been tinted over knows that you cant tell the difference with the human eye which is brighter. I am sure the one not tinted over is brighter but it I sure as heck cant tell the difference.

its a must when you work with crazy graphics like this, mine should be called a glass weeding wall

lightbox.jpg

and it's nice to have when rolling edges of the tint off the car...theres not a pro out ther that doent have one in his shop..lol...or the garrage at the house

My god Jeff , how long did you work on that graphic? That's some serious detail!

this had the first cut on a plotter and I was using a glass table. which I wet to hold it there why I hand cut colors on one side and then transfered them to the other side...with out putting it on my car I got 16 hours into this peice of art and its on the back widow of my mustang now

and it's nice to have when rolling edges of the tint off the car...theres not a pro out ther that doent have one in his shop..lol...or the garrage at the house

so am I not a pro if I don't use a glass peeler? I had a piece of glass at my old house from when I first started and watched a 3M training video. I quickly learned to cut off the car instead and only used the peeler a few times. I work semi-mobile at other shops and I would have to transport more than I care to if I had a peeler.

we know your a pro and thats why you have one just not using it now, because its not handy enough for you when your mobile like you are now?

BUT YOU STILL KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF IT?

It's nice to have peel boards if you have the room or a place for them but not necessary to do a professional install!

:thumb exactly my opinion ! if you can get one, get it and you will love it ! But if not, you wont miss it !

I hate saying this "a peel board or glass wall is just as important to me as having a hard card.."

I know plenty of shops that dont have any and they can get very nice installs. its bets with a 2 man crew and they hold the tint while the other sprays. I use boards though. let me post some pics right quick.

in this pic you can see the wall mounted ones

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images0...fcc3dbfcbe3.jpg[/img]

and here you can kind of see the roller ones that r double sided. the roller ones are nice to swing out closer for hatchbacks and suv's

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images0...fee5f6c491c.jpg

the glass thats like 93" is good for doors and the 77" is good for rolling backglasses on

that's a impressive peel board, I like the angle you have them mounted at!!!!

so am I not a pro if I don't use a glass peeler? I had a piece of glass at my old house from when I first started and watched a 3M training video. I quickly learned to cut off the car instead and only used the peeler a few times. I work semi-mobile at other shops and I would have to transport more than I care to if I had a peeler.

we know your a pro and thats why you have one just not using it now, because its not handy enough for you when your mobile like you are now?

BUT YOU STILL KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF IT?

I actually don't have one anymore.....like I said I only used it a couple times and I don't think that I would get better installs using one overall. If I did any graphics like you and TA then I would see the need for something but just doing tint I don't need one.....

I was just poking at the whole "any pro" having one....

At our shop in vegas its totally preference. I personally have not used a peice of glass in years. other guys that I have seen wont tint without one. I would not say one did better work because of the glass. On the other hand if I was an artist like some of you guys I have seen post pics on here a peice of glass would be a must.. :lol6

Archived