Transfer Board

Guest Romero

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't you use the back glass for a transfer board?

you can , I often do when im mobile, peel board would be nice at times though thats for sure , I ahve one in my garage but not for when I go mobile, im going to make one up though I think itl make for easier installs at least.

Hi everybody. I am looking for a transfer board first of all I want to know what each one of you uses as one. Where can I find one and for what price. I was looking for the ones shown in Stan DVDs but cannot make out what exactly it is or where to find one.

I pick up a old freezer door behind a supermarket. Works great for now.

Guest scottydosnntkno
and it's nice to have when rolling edges of the tint off the car...theres not a pro out ther that doent have one in his shop..lol...or the garrage at the house

so am I not a pro if I don't use a glass peeler? I had a piece of glass at my old house from when I first started and watched a 3M training video. I quickly learned to cut off the car instead and only used the peeler a few times. I work semi-mobile at other shops and I would have to transport more than I care to if I had a peeler.

we know your a pro and thats why you have one just not using it now, because its not handy enough for you when your mobile like you are now?

BUT YOU STILL KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF IT?

I personally see no importance in a peel board because I've never used one and never will. I've attempted to in the past, and its just a waste of time to me, having to transfer the pattern to the board then trim it and spray it and then walk back with it. Its just a lot more room for contamination, all that walking with exposed film.

Whether I'm mobile or at my house I just peel off the car. Theres no reason to be spraying enough water on the film that your getting contam run in off the window, and that window should be wiped down enough in the first place that theres not a speck of dirt on it. All you need to do is mist the film so that it doesn't collect dust and wet the inside window good. My total time from peeling liner to sticking on the window is less than 3 seconds. Peel the film mist it real quick and pull it up and over the door and apply to the glass. I'd like to see anyone with a peelboard do it that fast.

Hi everybody. I am looking for a transfer board first of all I want to know what each one of you uses as one. Where can I find one and for what price. I was looking for the ones shown in Stan DVDs but cannot make out what exactly it is or where to find one.

I pick up a old freezer door behind a supermarket. Works great for now.

have to ask? when you say freezer door "its made of stainless steel?"

and it's nice to have when rolling edges of the tint off the car...theres not a pro out ther that doent have one in his shop..lol...or the garrage at the house

so am I not a pro if I don't use a glass peeler? I had a piece of glass at my old house from when I first started and watched a 3M training video. I quickly learned to cut off the car instead and only used the peeler a few times. I work semi-mobile at other shops and I would have to transport more than I care to if I had a peeler.

we know your a pro and thats why you have one just not using it now, because its not handy enough for you when your mobile like you are now?

I personally see no importance in a peel board because I've never used one and never will. I've attempted to in the past, and its just a waste of time to me, having to transfer the pattern to the board then trim it and spray it and then walk back with it. Its just a lot more room for contamination, all that walking with exposed film.

Whether I'm mobile or at my house I just peel off the car. Theres no reason to be spraying enough water on the film that your getting contam run in off the window, and that window should be wiped down enough in the first place that theres not a speck of dirt on it. All you need to do is mist the film so that it doesn't collect dust and wet the inside window good. My total time from peeling liner to sticking on the window is less than 3 seconds. Peel the film mist it real quick and pull it up and over the door and apply to the glass. I'd like to see anyone with a peelboard do it that fast.

wow..its seems to me you would waste more time cleaning the out side of the car "if it was dirty" than if you had a clean wall the peel from, but im using computercut to cut the patterns anyways. so I say a truck that just went mudding would come out just as clean as a new car...

Guest scottydosnntkno

If I show up and the car just went mudding I tell them to go wash it first or I wont tint it. I always let people know ahead of the time car needs to be relatively clean before I can work on it. All it takes is a few sprays of Stones IG and a quick wipe of the window and 12" below on the door and your good to go.

wow..its seems to me you would waste more time cleaning the out side of the car "if it was dirty" than if you had a clean wall the peel from, but im using computercut to cut the patterns anyways. so I say a truck that just went mudding would come out just as clean as a new car...

Remove all the bickering and start a poll. I believe that as a general consensus most tinters who have used a peel board that is set up right would prefer to use a peel board over using the the car windows.

If you have never used one then you cant vote becuase you have not experienced what it is like to use one.

Start a poll and settle the dispute! :bs

Archived