SunGard Lava

The warranty thing sucks for ya. For me most of the jobs at that time were !llegal for me anyways. I have never had a film company stand TOTALLY behind the film I install I got screwed by Johnston with a bunch of rolls of thirty% with white specks in it wasnt the film I was stuck with it, SunTek I had some of the earlier stuff shink after installing it on several cars film just kept shrinking mostly back glass's would come back all gappy a year later. SunGard distortion and peeling with Desert, some llumar three years back all went purple so I don't know guess ill chance it. :spit

LOL. I have used suntek for 6 years and yet to see any film "shrink" compared to the original install. the hp did turn purple after 3+ years but it was a hybrid and I had a feeling it was gonna happen either way.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they won't. They said that when solar matrix began. socal would have thousands thousands of dollars in warranties alone. thats why they don't have an office in socal. all manufacturers are there. they took care of there local dealers in florida and some in the east coast, but not in the west. this dates back to crapite or graphite or performance XXXXX or what ever you want to call it.

Well I will personally buy you a roll of SunGard film if you have all of your paper work in order and are in courage distributing's region and they wont honor you past SunGard issues. Call 1.866.490.9505 ask for Ron. If they dont take care of you and you are in the right then look me up on my offer.

I just dont trust anything with that name on it.

Sucks you feel this way I think your making a mistake not because you don't use their film but because you obviously dont care to give a new company and product a chance.

The warranty thing sucks for ya. For me most of the jobs at that time were !llegal for me anyways. I have never had a film company stand TOTALLY behind the film I install I got screwed by Johnston with a bunch of rolls of thirty% with white specks in it wasnt the film I was stuck with it, SunTek I had some of the earlier stuff shink after installing it on several cars film just kept shrinking mostly back glass's would come back all gappy a year later. SunGard distortion and peeling with Desert, some llumar three years back all went purple so I don't know guess ill chance it. :spit

LOL. I have used suntek for 6 years and yet to see any film "shrink" compared to the original install. the hp did turn purple after 3+ years but it was a hybrid and I had a feeling it was gonna happen either way.

So then in the end you argee? all film will fail in some way it's the reps. and company we respect and learn to love and thats my point I feel like someone cares again and will honor a warranty.

I have never had a film company stand TOTALLY behind the film I install I got screwed by Johnston with a bunch of rolls of thirty% with white specks in it wasnt the film I was stuck with it,

I got a roll of that too. 30% greystone and it had white specks running all thru the film. When I told them about it they sent me two rolls instead of one to replace it. :spit

So then in the end you argee? all film will fail in some way it's the reps. and company we respect and learn to love and thats my point I feel like someone cares again and will honor a warranty.

"Feeling" like someone cares again is not enough for most guys out there. The white speck issues (J - PGC) and film going clear/adhesive failures (SG - desert smoke) were happening 10 plus years ago. If you had been one of the guys where this was affecting your wallet you may think differently now.

With all the proven film out there with companies that stand behind their warranties why risk it on new products from an upstart with the same name of a failed biz?

As tight as things are today and will be for some time you're going to see a lot of film companies backing away from coverage we're accustomed to. The financial strength of the MANUFACTURER you buy from is more important now more than it has ever been with the economy and immediate forecast. It will be interesting to see what manufacturers make it and don't, same thing with dealers.

Guest tintgod

"Feeling" like someone cares again is not enough for most guys out there. The white speck issues (J - PGC) and film going clear/adhesive failures (SG - desert smoke) were happening 10 plus years ago. If you had been one of the guys where this was affecting your wallet you may think differently now.

With all the proven film out there with companies that stand behind their warranties why risk it on new products from an upstart with the same name of a failed biz?

As tight as things are today and will be for some time you're going to see a lot of film companies backing away from coverage we're accustomed to. The financial strength of the MANUFACTURER you buy from is more important now more than it has ever been with the economy and immediate forecast. It will be interesting to see what manufacturers make it and don't, same thing with dealers.

:spit and the reboxing companies are going to be the first to go in my opinion...unless they are backed by big money..then what are you going to do about warranties?

Well I have switched from Global and I have been using SunGard thru the winter and today I got to meet my rep. Ron. I also used a new film call Lava from SunGard a dyed 1.5 mil. and it was nice!! Shrank like butter I would compare it to O.T.I. a great shrinking film in my opinion. Also the color is BLACK!! Not tan like perform-x or green like shadow but black from the outside in and gray/slate color from inside looking out. The company is alot better than they were and to be honest I never had any real warranty or film beefs with SunGard just E.C.P. my distributor at the time that mad me hate SunGard.(Did That make sense?) Anyways I tinted Ron's 4-door in 20% Lava on the rears and uh 35% :spit Perform-X fronts and needless to say the fronts didnt match (but of course the quality of the install was great) and he cant wait till he gets Lava 35% to redo the fronts. Well just wanted to say that if you have been burned by SunGard in the past you may want to consider switching back the company seems to be back on track with a new adhesive from what we wereused and now a new dye/film it is where I am going to be spending money on my inentory. :spam Oh and I was using Shadow for the last 2-3 months.

So, what kind of a commision are they paying you? Ive never seen/heard of anyone praising SunGard the way you are. I dont think the ones who used SG in the past will consider using it again until they have proven a better product and reputation...and that may take years, if they last long enough to get there.

Thanks for the feedback on our new Black Lava auto film. It does heat shrink better than any other film I have ever worked with. I also want to say we tried very hard to get the popular “black” color for all the VLT’s. Look for this film to be introduced across the United States and Canada soon.

I want to reiterate our position on old FTI Sun-Gard warrantees. It is true, if an old FTI customer returns to using Sun-Gard films, I will work with them on a case by case basis. Not only does this help you the dealer, it also helps with your customers and will help to insure repeat business. There are a number of dealers that participate on this forum and others that I have worked with. If you feel this is an option you would like to pursue, please feel free to contact me directly at the email posted below. Buy the way, this offer is for all parts of the country.

For those of you that are using our films, I say thank you for the opportunity.

Best regards,

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

Bstewart@solamatrix.com

www.solamatrix.com

Guest tintgod
Well I have switched from Global and I have been using SunGard thru the winter and today I got to meet my rep. Ron. I also used a new film call Lava from SunGard a dyed 1.5 mil. and it was nice!! Shrank like butter I would compare it to O.T.I. a great shrinking film in my opinion. Also the color is BLACK!! Not tan like perform-x or green like shadow but black from the outside in and gray/slate color from inside looking out. The company is alot better than they were and to be honest I never had any real warranty or film beefs with SunGard just E.C.P. my distributor at the time that mad me hate SunGard.(Did That make sense?) Anyways I tinted Ron's 4-door in 20% Lava on the rears and uh 35% :spit Perform-X fronts and needless to say the fronts didnt match (but of course the quality of the install was great) and he cant wait till he gets Lava 35% to redo the fronts. Well just wanted to say that if you have been burned by SunGard in the past you may want to consider switching back the company seems to be back on track with a new adhesive from what we wereused and now a new dye/film it is where I am going to be spending money on my inentory. :spam Oh and I was using Shadow for the last 2-3 months.

So, what kind of a commision are they paying you? Ive never seen/heard of anyone praising SunGard the way you are. I dont think the ones who used SG in the past will consider using it again until they have proven a better product and reputation...and that may take years, if they last long enough to get there.

do you honest think that a large company like solamatix and who they are affiliated with is going to put out the same quality of film that the previous company(FTI) did..Why would that do that?

Archived