Using a razor blade to clean windows

Sorry I have a newbie question to ask you guys. I been seeing alot of videos people use a razor blade to clean window? I am kinda new to tinting(3-4 month) and I've always been cleaning the inside of my window with a cloth and had no trouble removing the goo and stickers. I never tried using a razor blade tho, Is there a huge advantage using a razor blade to clean window? I am kinda scared scraping my window with a sharp razor blade. Any thoughts or advice?

It's good to razor a window to get off all kind of different things that you might not see like some adhesive from stickers or whatever! I use the white scrubbie pads on windows after I razor them just to make sure! Just remember in this trade you can never over clean!

Guest scottydosnntkno

don't be afraid to use a razor on the side windows, or any window without defrosters. honestly, theres been a lot of times where im not paying attention and the razor blade flips up on end and it still doesnt scratch the window. as long as you have lubrication on the window, and keep the blade on an angle you will be fine. it gets off any little microscopic specs that are embedded in the glass that you couldn't see with your eye, and just a cloth wont get off

don't be afraid to use a razor on the side windows, or any window without defrosters. honestly, theres been a lot of times where im not paying attention and the razor blade flips up on end and it still doesnt scratch the window. as long as you have lubrication on the window, and keep the blade on an angle you will be fine. it gets off any little microscopic specs that are embedded in the glass that you couldn't see with your eye, and just a cloth wont get off

tell that to this guy

Scratched the Glass

above poster means only go in the direction of the blade, dont drag it backwards.

blades here. and when you blade bordered glass, blade the inside first then the edges last. going over the black border can dull the blade. and a dull blade can scratch the glass very easy. UVS glass is very soft and scratches easily (quarterglass on TC's and G35 coupes). also be careful on ford and dodge rear flat glasses.

Guest absolutetinting
Sorry I have a newbie question to ask you guys. I been seeing alot of videos people use a razor blade to clean window? I am kinda new to tinting(3-4 month) and I've always been cleaning the inside of my window with a cloth and had no trouble removing the goo and stickers. I never tried using a razor blade tho, Is there a huge advantage using a razor blade to clean window? I am kinda scared scraping my window with a sharp razor blade. Any thoughts or advice?

omg!

Archived