Advertise Here

Info on Sebring convert panels?

Exact-Oh

Long time no see everyone!

Hey, my sister contacted me with roll-down glass problems on her Chrysler Sebring Convertible. Before I knew what kind of car she was driving, I told her I could walk her through removing the door panel, 'cause I've done thousands. But I don't remember that one.

Can someone show me a pic or let me know how to remove that panel please?

I hope everyone has been doing well despite this economy. It is making me happy that I went to part-time tinting only. I imagine people aren't spending as much $$ on this type of stuff.

Long time no see everyone!

Hey, my sister contacted me with roll-down glass problems on her Chrysler Sebring Convertible. Before I knew what kind of car she was driving, I told her I could walk her through removing the door panel, 'cause I've done thousands. But I don't remember that one.

Can someone show me a pic or let me know how to remove that panel please?

I hope everyone has been doing well despite this economy. It is making me happy that I went to part-time tinting only. I imagine people aren't spending as much $$ on this type of stuff.

What year? I have the big black book with all the info on door panel removal I can check. Welcome back!!! Don’t be such a stranger.

I'm not trying to be jerk, but anyone who can't figure out how to remove a door panel is unlikely to fix whatever problem may exist inside, IMHO :lol.

Either way,

MOST cars are just a matter of removing a few screws, pulling the bottom away first working toward the top and then unhooking the top seal by lifting upward.

A few cars like mustangs you remove screws then lift the whole panel straight up to unhook the whole thing at once.

Sorry for the delay... tough to communicate quickly with my sister who is 1000 miles away.

it's a 2002. Any info on panel removal would be helpful, even pictures so I can most likely remember how to pull them.

Don’t feel too bad since you re a few thousand miles away, some of um can be tricky to remove the first time without breaking when you are not looking at it. Just tell her to take all the screws she can see out and then yak hard! It’s still before work for me on the west side but I will look at the black book when I get to work. work here is slow but things are picking up. Right now my customers are like they were after 911. They are depressed and not a lot of money but getting the windows tinted makes um feel good and it’s something they can control.

stop by more :lol

I am in Wisconsin, and the sis is in Washington, north of Mount Vernon.

I know many door panels, since I have been a puller for 20 years, but I just can't see that one in my head right now. My sis on the other hand does not work on cars, but asked me for advice on getting her window back on track.

I just wanted to give her a starting point with info on how to pull that panel.

On another topic: I hope things come around for everyone this summer. As most of you know, I have been tinting only in the evenings and weekends, due to landing an engineering job a couple years back. I still have my shop up and running, since my husband owns the place and still running his auto repair shop.

His business is thriving, since people are fixing older cars instead of buying new. My tinting didn't go down much last summer, and I usually take a couple months off in the winter, so we will see how it goes starting this spring. I already have had a bunch of calls for quotes, and a few people waiting for appointments when spring rolls around.

I know the ecomony in WI didn't go down as bad, as early, as for instance in CA. My mother just had to sell her house in Cali and move back up to WA since it was so bad down there. It is finally catching up here in WI, since a bunch of people are losing their jobs at larger corporations in the recent weeks.

Hang in there everyone... hopefully our government won't have its head up their a$$ and can turn this around.

Archived