Good News From Washington D.C.

Guest Dave Lewis
can anyone show me where is says you have to put down what "YOU"..(the installer) paid for in material cost.?..I have seen only where is says 10% of cost.

Here you go. :thumb

Copied from

Form 5695 2007

Page 5 Part 1

Specific Instructions

Do not include on lines 2a through 2d any

amounts paid for the onsite preparation,

assembly, or original installation of the

components.

CAUTION

Line 2a. Enter the amounts you paid for any insulation

material or system (including any vapor retarder or seal

to limit infiltration) that is specifically and primarily

designed to reduce the heat loss or gain of a home

when installed in or on such home and may be taken

into account in determining whether the building

thermal envelope requirements established by the

IECC are satisfied.

Someday I hope to be as honest as you guys when it comes to taxes.. :rollin

:bingo Don't get you P@NTIES all bunched up there CE it's just an observation. I could care less what you do with your customers invoices.

I am in no way a tax expert but I would think that the difference in what a shop owner pays for materials and what the retail customer pays for materials should be completly up to the shop owner.

Guest ltlmsc85

Hey guys kinda new to the forum.. But im kind of confused on this deal too lol Shouldnt you be able to write up an invoice for customer showing that you sold them the material for X amount of dollars and added 10% for labor. It shouldnt matter what you the dealer paid for the film, whether the customer gets audited or not.. because X amount of dollars IS what you charged the customer for materials..

Hey guys kinda new to the forum.. But im kind of confused on this deal too lol Shouldnt you be able to write up an invoice for customer showing that you sold them the material for X amount of dollars and added 10% for labor. It shouldnt matter what you the dealer paid for the film, whether the customer gets audited or not.. because X amount of dollars IS what you charged the customer for materials..

:rollin:spit

Guest Dave Lewis

I'm no tax accountant either, but if I'm going to say 90% of the job cost is material then I have to charge a state sales and use tax on that 90%. In my state the sales tax is 6%. So now the customers has to pay 6% to the state in order to get 4% from the Feds.

Guest tintgod
I'm no tax accountant either, but if I'm going to say 90% of the job cost is material then I have to charge a state sales and use tax on that 90%. In my state the sales tax is 6%. So now the customers has to pay 6% to the state in order to get 4% from the Feds.

I guess the only way to resolve this is for anyone that wants to use the credit as marketing to sell your service .. is to first contact your CPA and ask them what is the best way to go about doing it...and what you can and cant get way with.

Archived