Any luck with conv. plastic rear windows???

Guest oasisglatint

Guest oasisglatint
sometime ill use statict tint from walmart no warrenty

:twocents

That's what I have done also. I get it at the parts store, or better yet, have the custy do it, and install it for them. I had an M3 clone conv. And got the idea to use static cling film. Works great. Mine held up fine, even using the top. I put mine on the outside, and would pull it everytime I would wash the car. Re-apply when done.

Guest hometheaterman

How does the static cling stuff work on regular windows? I know it's just cheap junk but what about for windows where you need to be able to remove it easily? It's a pain to keep tinting and retinting. Is that stuff good enough for that?

Guest thatsnappyguy
How does the static cling stuff work on regular windows? I know it's just cheap junk but what about for windows where you need to be able to remove it easily? It's a pain to keep tinting and retinting. Is that stuff good enough for that?

it works good enough for what it is.

If you install it on rollups it will start to peel fairly quickly. Like Snappy said, It is what it is.

I thought about using something like Nite-shades for the plastic windows like those.....didn't for fear of it being spotty....

Make them go get an aftermarket GLASS window....

Oh and I saw a Geo Tracker with film on it years ago.....was peeling like a bad tint job in no time

Archived