Plexiglass?

Guest ktown

I had the chance to use Madcow's film this past summer. Just a couple suggestions. It is a PS film.. so if work solo, get a helper for the job. If at all possible, pre-cut the film before laying on the plexi... as mentioned, while cutting on the plexi the blade has the tendency to move around. I also 2nd the suggestion for doing the blister-free film first... then coming back a couple days later to do the 2nd layer.

I did both.. one window I did both layers at the same time.. the other I did one and then a week later did the 2nd. The first window had a ton of bubbles through out which could not be pushed out. The other window was perfect. The windows were side by side... same exposure.. only difference was the delay in adding the 2nd layer on the one window.

I plan to go by this summer and see how it's holding up. (Not super close to me)

The BF isn't cheap.... but for plexi there aren't a whole lot of options out there.

-R

Guest SandyPanes

We have installed many different films on plexiglass, And if the plex is over a year or two years old and already out gassed you stand a better chance of it not bubbling.

Archived