Any long time carbon users

Guest GreenCove

Guest GreenCove

First time post, been reading several topics alot of good info! I have been using suntek carbon for the last few months and like working with it I just want to make sure Im putting on a film that is going to treat me good in the future, been using ATR for yrs w/ only a few issues, loved the film just tired of paying the $$$$. Also want to thank everyone for all of the posts that Ive read, I will do my best to throw out a few things that I have learned along the way!

Yeah, if you are happy with ATR, you have the option of using ATC. ATC should run about the same $ as Carbon. Sun Tek pushes this as their premium auto film, and in reality it is the same construction as ATC. ATC is actually priced out as the least expensive of the three color stable LLumar films (ATR and ATX).

The Sun Tek line up makes little sense with their HP being less expensive than the Carbon series when a hybrid should always cost more than a simple later generation deep dyed, 2 ply film, which Carbon and ATC are.

Guest GreenCove
Times are tight, we're all trying to cut back, I switched to ATC, I have experimented with other brands, but I like the brand recognition of LLumar and it's good film.

I feel the same about the Llumar name I tried ATC when it first came out and had some issues the 35 clearcoat flaking off in certain areas during install and the 05 I had on my truck which looked great exept at night when you look through it it made lights look blurry its like it had a bad grain to it . I had no problem w/ 15 have you noticed any of these things?

Times are tight, we're all trying to cut back, I switched to ATC, I have experimented with other brands, but I like the brand recognition of LLumar and it's good film.

I feel the same about the Llumar name I tried ATC when it first came out and had some issues the 35 clearcoat flaking off in certain areas during install and the 05 I had on my truck which looked great exept at night when you look through it it made lights look blurry its like it had a bad grain to it . I had no problem w/ 15 have you noticed any of these things?

Not so far, but it was probably due to it being released before all the bugs were worked out.

I have heard of those issues and one or two others, but so far so good on my end.

It does have a tendency to fog up right after the install, but it clears up after a few minutes, so that's not a real issue for me...

Not so far, but it was probably due to it being released before all the bugs were worked out.

I have heard of those issues and one or two others, but so far so good on my end.

It does have a tendency to fog up right after the install, but it clears up after a few minutes, so that's not a real issue for me...

how are you finding it for the dot matrix?

the one thing that I did like about the color stable AT was that it was thin enough to really confrom to dot matrix well...I had relatively good success with it...cept for the new Civics :thumb

just curious about the ATC :gasp

how are you finding it for the dot matrix?

the one thing that I did like about the color stable AT was that it was thin enough to really confrom to dot matrix well...I had relatively good success with it...cept for the new Civics :spit

just curious about the ATC :rollin

Depends on how you prep them.

If you sand them, they'll lay perty flat, but if don't, it's hit or miss.

I usually drop dry and then glue them...

First time post, been reading several topics alot of good info! I have been using suntek carbon for the last few months and like working with it I just want to make sure Im putting on a film that is going to treat me good in the future, been using ATR for yrs w/ only a few issues, loved the film just tired of paying the $$$$. Also want to thank everyone for all of the posts that Ive read, I will do my best to throw out a few things that I have learned along the way!

green cove springs this has to be josh?

Guest GreenCove

green cove springs this has to be josh?

As big as this town is you hit it on the head. How are things in Jax?

Archived