Removing the Second Layer

Guest Total tint

Guest Total tint

Ok had this old pos maxima in today that shop dpwn road tried to remove old purple bubbled up tint, they peeled the first layer off and of course second layer stayed dont know why they didnt try to sweat it off :bingo anyway customer wanted to save rear defroster, so I took old scraps of mine placed them all over the glass, blue maxed crap out of it, then heated to make sure it was dry, then proceeded to sweat it off came off clean with NO problem :rollin

we hit 32 degrees to day, cold as %&$#, thanking the boss for heated bay to work in.

first car in the morn 98 trans am r&r back glass purple film air bubbles threwout the film,

baged the back glass. the defogger worked very well. soaked the old film 2 times with the pink car kem,

shrinking the film for extra heat, worming the glass

busted out 2 guns heated the bottom and the top for a half hour, pealed great! no prob,

back glass took 1.5 hr striped and tinted taking my time

started using the elmers glue stick, better than the matrix magic glue.

Guest ltlmsc85
Ok had this old pos maxima in today that shop dpwn road tried to remove old purple bubbled up tint, they peeled the first layer off and of course second layer stayed dont know why they didnt try to sweat it off :beer anyway customer wanted to save rear defroster, so I took old scraps of mine placed them all over the glass, blue maxed crap out of it, then heated to make sure it was dry, then proceeded to sweat it off came off clean with NO problem :beer

Thats awesome! ive never heard of doing that! next 1 I get like that.. I will DEFINITELY try.. Thanks for the great tip!

Guest alx4now
we hit 32 degrees to day, cold as %&$#, thanking the boss for heated bay to work in.

first car in the morn 98 trans am r&r back glass purple film air bubbles threwout the film,

baged the back glass. the defogger worked very well. soaked the old film 2 times with the pink car kem,

shrinking the film for extra heat, worming the glass

busted out 2 guns heated the bottom and the top for a half hour, pealed great! no prob,

back glass took 1.5 hr striped and tinted taking my time

started using the elmers glue stick, better than the matrix magic glue.

Where do you get the pink car kem?

Archived