Removing the Second Layer

Guest Total tint

Guest newARtinter

great tip. I'm new to the biz, and thought about tryin that to get the messed up tint off my buddy's car... now I know it works I definitely will

Guest wyckd
Ok had this old pos maxima in today that shop dpwn road tried to remove old purple bubbled up tint, they peeled the first layer off and of course second layer stayed dont know why they didnt try to sweat it off :lock anyway customer wanted to save rear defroster, so I took old scraps of mine placed them all over the glass, blue maxed crap out of it, then heated to make sure it was dry, then proceeded to sweat it off came off clean with NO problem :spit

this post makes no sense to me....I'm glad it helped others, but I have the problem with the second layer of tint left behind and I'd like some advise on how to remove it please.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Ok had this old pos maxima in today that shop dpwn road tried to remove old purple bubbled up tint, they peeled the first layer off and of course second layer stayed dont know why they didnt try to sweat it off :please anyway customer wanted to save rear defroster, so I took old scraps of mine placed them all over the glass, blue maxed crap out of it, then heated to make sure it was dry, then proceeded to sweat it off came off clean with NO problem :lock

this post makes no sense to me....I'm glad it helped others, but I have the problem with the second layer of tint left behind and I'd like some advise on how to remove it please.

whats confusing about it?

you take your scraps of film like from the doors and stuff when cutting, and squeegee them onto the layer of film on the window. Then, put a lot of water/soap/amonia mix on it, and soak it for a long time outside. Possibly rewet halfway through, and then when you go to remove it the glue from the scraps will pull off the layer stats stuck on

Dang that is a great tip :please Hope you won tip of the week for it. :spit

cheers

Stan

Ok had this old pos maxima in today that shop dpwn road tried to remove old purple bubbled up tint, they peeled the first layer off and of course second layer stayed dont know why they didnt try to sweat it off :lock anyway customer wanted to save rear defroster, so I took old scraps of mine placed them all over the glass, blue maxed crap out of it, then heated to make sure it was dry, then proceeded to sweat it off came off clean with NO problem :spit

welcome to TDude :beer

Guest wyckd
Ok had this old pos maxima in today that shop dpwn road tried to remove old purple bubbled up tint, they peeled the first layer off and of course second layer stayed dont know why they didnt try to sweat it off :please anyway customer wanted to save rear defroster, so I took old scraps of mine placed them all over the glass, blue maxed crap out of it, then heated to make sure it was dry, then proceeded to sweat it off came off clean with NO problem :lock

whats confusing about it?

you take your scraps of film like from the doors and stuff when cutting, and squeegee them onto the layer of film on the window. Then, put a lot of water/soap/amonia mix on it, and soak it for a long time outside. Possibly rewet halfway through, and then when you go to remove it the glue from the scraps will pull off the layer stats stuck on

ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. I was mostly confused about "old scraps of mine" and "blue maxed"

Archived