Hard time tucking the film in

dgmt321

I was doing an eclipse convertible unframed window the other day and I had a really hard time tucking the film inside the rubber plastic on the side of the window if you know what I mean. Its the black rubber part that is at the end of the side window, It is so tight that its frustrating trying the film in there, is there any easier way to do this

Guest Texstar
Pull the door panel.
The seal comes right out! You have to take a few screws off by the side and the handle and the panel pulls out enough so you can take the whole seal out and problem solved!
What year eclipse? if it is a newer one it should not be a problem but if it is an older one pull the panel.

Hey guys I think hes talking about the rubber gasket that extends out onto the glass at the front by the mirrors.

We leave ours long enough to go behind there. Just slide it back there and use your bone tool to pull the plastic back and do the final touch up with an eazy reach :sad

Guest scottydosnntkno
Pull the door panel.
The seal comes right out! You have to take a few screws off by the side and the handle and the panel pulls out enough so you can take the whole seal out and problem solved!
What year eclipse? if it is a newer one it should not be a problem but if it is an older one pull the panel.

Hey guys I think hes talking about the rubber gasket that extends out onto the glass at the front by the mirrors.

We leave ours long enough to go behind there. Just slide it back there and use your bone tool to pull the plastic back and do the final touch up with an eazy reach :sad

thats what I got out of it too. Run a bone tool up and down a couple times right before install to loosen it up a bit and it should slide in

you can trim 1/8 of a inch off just like a rear quarter window, just make sure its a even cut! I will use my red devil tool with trimming the rubber slightly...........

that must be all the flat glass guys talking about pulling the pannels...lol

Archived