Which is Better

Guest assinc

I do not do Auto only Flat Glass. I bought a new Tahoe and I want to Film it with Madico that I can get for FREE. My buddy that does cars says Madico is junk. He said to use Suntek. What do you think?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest absolutetinting

are you looking for looks, clarity, or heat rejection?

suntek look betters(carbon), but madico is known for there clarity(XSR).

has anyone tried madicos new wincos film?

Madico Charcool is good film. Sun Tek Carbon is good film. Madico's Onyx and Sun Tek's HP are both HP films with no color stable warranty and will turn color in exposure over time. Your buddy is just expressing an opinion. The Sun Tek Standard series is junk. Really depends what he uses.

He uses the Suntek HP. You are saying that it will change color over time. What kind of time? On my other truck I have Solar Gard and it has not faded in 8 years. Will Suntek and Madico hold up to that?

are you looking for looks, clarity, or heat rejection?

suntek look betters(carbon), but madico is known for there clarity(XSR).

has anyone tried madicos new wincos film?

Just blacking it out with 5% over stock.

"FREE" is my favorite price!!

But is it worth it?

If you're looking for 8+ years with any auto film that's a stretch. I'd plan on replacing either at that point. I've had Solar Gard fail as easy as any. I just replaced a driver roll down on a Madico Charcool install that was from 2001. Sun Tek has been around just a little longer.

My buddy is saying that the Madico will change color in six months. That is what I am afraid of.

As far as color stability Madico's Charcool series has probably the longest track record and least color change issues of any auto film available. It has a strong green hue though.

The Sun Tek comment about how long it has been around is referring to the "company". Charcool has been available for twice as long as the Carbon series.

Archived