SunGard stands up and Keeps their word!

I had a warranty issue from last year about the time that FTI went out and before it was credited to my account I heard about the debacle so I figured that it was just lost. After reading one of Bill Stewart's post here on how they will be working with dealers on a case by case basis I decided to shoot him an e-mail and explain what happened to try and recoup the old issue. Bill promptly responded with good news and did exactly what he said he would do and is making it right. I met Bill briefly in Orlando at the Tint Convention several years ago and not only is he a real nice guy but he is smart too. If I remember correctly he designed the PGS software for commercial and flat glass quotes. Anyway I am pleased with the service and good will of Bill and the new SunGard and I believe if there is anyone that has been considering going back to them or trying them for the first time, give them a shot, I think you will be happy with the way you are treated and their product. Thanks again Bill.

David W Burnett

Xtreme Glass Tinting

dbdreams

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest absolutetinting

is this for real?

okay, sun gard left many of us in the west coast hang out to dry.

I'm not saying the entire country.

when the film began to go bad. 1994-1998

1st they said its an isolated incident, then they narrowed it down to certain roll #'s, or the new stuff is different and so on. we were being lied too. it was all bad.

we were replacing bad film with more bad film and continued.

not admitting that there's problem, is a problem. the cover up is what going to get you.

I have friends that lost lots of $$$$$$$ and some went out.

now, I understand sun gard is reviewing everything case by case,

but those being approved are the ones presently buying or buying some material from them.

this is where I come from,

tint star

Guest General Sun Shield

I used Sun Gard for many years and switched because I did not care for the adhesive on fg films.

We have seen problems from all mannys from one time or another and not one has ever admitted to "having a problem".

This is a job we did on Trump Plaza in 1995. Sun Gard Silver 15 over gold and red vinyl stripes .

Still there,and I do jobs for the Trump properties in A.C. quite often and walk by this area all the time.

No complaints yet and it still looks great.

Some things you cant explain.

Sun Gard is another company now and I feel they are worth a shot, and Bill has been pretty open about everything.. :lol6

jobs017.jpg

is this for real?

okay, sun gard left many of us in the west coast hang out to dry.

I'm not saying the entire country.

when the film began to go bad. 1994-1998

1st they said its an isolated incident, then they narrowed it down to certain roll #'s, or the new stuff is different and so on. we were being lied too. it was all bad.

we were replacing bad film with more bad film and continued.

not admitting that there's problem, is a problem. the cover up is what going to get you.

I have friends that lost lots of $$$$$$$ and some went out.

now, I understand sun gard is reviewing everything case by case,

but those being approved are the ones presently buying or buying some material from them.

this is where I come from,

tint star

I understand the bitterness, I had some problems myself, but since different people are in charge and ownership now, it doesn't really make sense to be mad at the new people for the sins of the past owners and operators. My problems came closer to the end... around 2005 or so. For 6 or so years I was very happy with SunGard products and the explanation that they were using low end raw materials then and are no longer holds water to me.

Guest General Sun Shield
Cool, I just got the film Bill sent me and I got a new SunGard T-shirt. Thanks Bill :lol

:lol Hey Courage....I didn't get a t-shirt! :sad

:spit:lol

:lol

yeah....no t-shirt here :lol

Guest Litespeeds

I wish all of you new Sungard users all the luck in the world because I was a dedicated Sungard user when they first came out with their Graphite series films. After a few years, it started fading and color bleeding which ended up in many warranty redos that I got paid maybe only 1/3 of what I originally charged my customer. When they came out with their Desert Smoke line of film, I gave them a second chance to make things right and sure enough, we started seeing problems and they switched to the Desert Smoke II line. Again, I stuck with them and after 3-5 years, we started doing warranty work again at a rate higher than expected. I decided to keep the warranties until I got a big stack together and then send it back to them for a big chunk of money back but low and behold, they went out of business and now will not pay for any of the warranties that I have done.

I am sorry but STRIKE 3, you are out and I feel like a big SUCKER for sticking it out through the years with them. I will never go back to Sungard even if they give me FREE film, let alone a stupid t-shirt. If that is all it takes to make someone happy, then I wish you the best of luck in staying in business.

Sorry to vent to you guys but I am sure I am not just the only guy to get burned.

Guest General Sun Shield
I wish all of you new Sungard users all the luck in the world because I was a dedicated Sungard user when they first came out with their Graphite series films. After a few years, it started fading and color bleeding which ended up in many warranty redos that I got paid maybe only 1/3 of what I originally charged my customer. When they came out with their Desert Smoke line of film, I gave them a second chance to make things right and sure enough, we started seeing problems and they switched to the Desert Smoke II line. Again, I stuck with them and after 3-5 years, we started doing warranty work again at a rate higher than expected. I decided to keep the warranties until I got a big stack together and then send it back to them for a big chunk of money back but low and behold, they went out of business and now will not pay for any of the warranties that I have done.

I am sorry but STRIKE 3, you are out and I feel like a big SUCKER for sticking it out through the years with them. I will never go back to Sungard even if they give me FREE film, let alone a stupid t-shirt. If that is all it takes to make someone happy, then I wish you the best of luck in staying in business.

Sorry to vent to you guys but I am sure I am not just the only guy to get burned.

I hear you and hope everything worked out for you and your doing well now.

I think I would be pissed off also if I got burned...but I stopped buying from them in the mid 90's.

Most of my work is commercial-residential and I can say I never had a warranty issue., was using Jonson/Lu for auto. Was most of the film failure for auto films?

Archived