Taxing labor

Guest tint51

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the subject, the state of Indiana did that about 4 years ago for like a month and then they changed it back to NOT taxing labor. :hmmm

I was glad for sure. The reality though, is that most people don't question it either way, it's just a bigger hassle for the business owner because it's definitely a bigger liability at the end of the month/quarter/year whichever applies to you.

The state of california is bankrupt!

They are lashing out attempting to get revenue from every angle they can...

I don't understand what this thread about taxing 'labor' is about... but as of Feb 1st 2009 there is a new entertainmant tax....

Basically it's a 7% tax on any and all revenue generated in and from the state of california.... Say your a rockstar and perform a concert in cali.... you now pay a 7% tax on whatever is generated at that concert even if the performer doesn't live in that state....

Okay, so you guys are blaming a president who's been in office for 2 weeks for the problems that exist in the world?

No wonder most people don't know who's really responsible. :hmmm

(1 John 5:19 if you want to look it up.)

I dont think they are blaming the President...Im not. The problem with California is that the Democrats have taken over there and made it harder on their citizens. It did used to be a red state. Jerkinator is NOT a Republican. The same thing has happened to Michigan. The CAFE Standards on the American auto industry has caused havoc, and this is due to Democrats. They are for bigger gov't, which is being used to regulate businesses, and causing them to die. The Senators and Repesentatives of California (Democrats) would tax a fart if they could.

Okay, so you guys are blaming a president who's been in office for 2 weeks for the problems that exist in the world?

No wonder most people don't know who's really responsible. :hmmm

I dont think they are blaming the President...Im not. The problem with California is that the Democrats have taken over there and made it harder on their citizens. It did used to be a red state. Jerkinator is NOT a Republican. The same thing has happened to Michigan. The CAFE Standards on the American auto industry has caused havoc, and this is due to Democrats. They are for bigger gov't, which is being used to regulate businesses, and causing them to die. The Senators and Repesentatives of California (Democrats) would tax a fart if they could.

Uh Huh.

You're missing my point. It doesn't matter who's in power or was in power or will be in power in this world, nobody can fix the problems, and everybody's biased and blames the other guy. There has been a republican president in office for 8 years and he couldn't make things better, but the republicans blame the democrats. The democrats are certainly blaming the republican president and there's a big fat war causing obvious problems. Nobody owns up to the fact that they can't fix what's broken. It's putting trust in any man or men to fix the problems that is the mistake I'm pointing out. :hmmm

No wonder most people don't know who's really responsible. :drevil

Uh Huh.

You're missing my point. It doesn't matter who's in power or was in power or will be in power in this world, nobody can fix the problems, and everybody's biased and blames the other guy. There has been a republican president in office for 8 years and he couldn't make things better, but the republicans blame the democrats. The democrats are certainly blaming the republican president and there's a big fat war causing obvious problems. Nobody owns up to the fact that they can't fix what's broken. It's putting trust in any man or men to fix the problems that is the mistake I'm pointing out. :hmmm

I think its an easy fix...lower the taxes. Maybe come up with some sort of "fair" tax, so the top wage earners arent paying 95% of all taxes. It has been proven to work in the past. This is the way I look at the situation, and this is the reason I brought up red states. If you were to look at each state, and determine where they are economicly, Id be willing to bet the red states are better off than the blue ones...I have no evidence to back this btw...but I bet I'm right. The heaviest liberal ran states are Cali, Michigan, and New York. All three of these states are coming up with these ridiculous taxes. New York wants to put a tax on non-diet soft drinks, and a transportation tax!! All Im trying to do point out a pattern. These problems can be solved, it just takes someone who really understands what is going on. Id vote for a president that has never recieved a gov't paycheck...they are called tax payers. We are the ones who are getting screwed by our own gov't. I am also not a Bush advocate, but we did have economic growth during his administration...research it. :hmmm

hoosier is right, there is no fix to this until the man upstairs decides to fix it

But thats not true. It can be fixed by someone. Then that person can thank God for guidance. Cali needs to stop holding their hand out and think about how they can turn the problem around...and taxing is not the answer. They should tighten up their belt and be frugal with the tax payers money.

Archived