Huper Optik X3 Ceramic

Guest wamatt

Guest tintgod
their is a palisade 25%...lets not bring in reflectivity being that isnt one of his concerns from what he said

60% TSER

GLARE 73%

CLARITY good in my opinion

:hmmm

What if Wamatt had a 72"x72" window? Could you do it in one piece? :lol

what if he had a 74x74 ?...could you do it is one piece? :thumb:?

dont make me break out the high heat the HO absorbs.. :?:?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
their is a palisade 25%...lets not bring in reflectivity being that isnt one of his concerns from what he said

60% TSER

GLARE 73%

CLARITY good in my opinion

:hmmm

What if Wamatt had a 72"x72" window? Could you do it in one piece? :lol

what if he had a 74x74 ?...could you do it is one piece? :nono:nope

dont make me break out the high heat the HO absorbs.. :lol6:lol

If you did that much FG you would know that nowadays it is more common than not to find a 72" dimension on at least one measurement. 74x74" is a lot rarer than a 72x72"

Guest vclimber
Vclimer,

As I mentioned in my post, I was comparing Huper ceramic 40 to Palisade 35 because the Palisade 35 is really 42% VLT.

They both have 42% VLT.

Admittedly, Palisade isn't available in a VLT equal to Huper 30, but my intent is to give the gentleman options that I'd consider reasonable without getting gouged in price.

Instead of being blinded by a name, I prefer to look at facts because I've had plenty of problems and heard about many more from other so-called "premium" or "exclusive" brands out there.

I'm not saying I've heard of problems with Huper, either. But, we pretty much all say in this business that every manufacturer has problems now and then.

But, you got up in my face with the "nice try" when I was offering a suggestion to someone else.

I'd probably think twice about putting any brand of ceramic on a 72" x 72" window, BTW.

What is this thread about? :hmmm

I answered the original poster's questions and then I recommended some Huper Films because... He asked. Huper Ceramic 30 was recommended because glare reduction was his number one priority. You came in and started preaching how Palisade is just as transparent, just as reflective as C-40 like I'm misleading the guy... I was talking about C-30 which is much different. The way I see it, you got in my face so I called your post to the table. Now that you have re-edited several times I think I can address what you are saying?

If you are inferring that I am brand blind then you really haven't looked a Huper compared to Palisade or any other single ply ceramic side by side. You prefer the facts? It is worth the money for many reasons and to just simply say that Huper dealers are price gouging the consumer without any facts goes against your stated mantra. If you care to get technical as to why, I'll be happy to elaborate... After all this is a thread about Huper. :nope

One more thing,

You said,

"The installers in my area nearly all use Sun Gard products."

Since the parent company that owns SunGard, Solamatrix, is also owned by one of the companies involved in Huper Optik, Novamatrix, you're actually looking at 2 different products from the same source, in a way.

Theoretically, since Huper is only sold to top shelf dealers and distributors, you'd be solid going with them. In practice, since they gave me the cold shoulder, they're definitely NOT selling to the top shelf dealer in my area. (that'd be me.)

Sun Gard and Huper are two totally different films no matter what the ownership pyramid is. Not the same source and I'm sure Capt Bill would affirm.

As for the cold shoulder you received I am sorry to hear that, now your negativity makes sense but remember, the cold shoulder was not my fault.

Vclimber, This is my first post in this thread:

Wamatt,

I don't know where you are, but I'd look into a dealer for Johnson Window films.

Here's the specs on their Ceramic called Palisade:

FILM TYPE: Palisade 35, (which should be called 40)

IR REJECTION (NIR: 800-2500 nm): 78%

VISIBLE LIGHT TRANSMISSION: 42%

SOLAR ENERGY REJECTED: 55%

SHADING COEFFICIENT: .52

SOLAR HEAT GAIN COEFFICIENT: .45

VISIBLE LIGHT REFLECTION: 16%

SOLAR ENERGY ABSORBED: 48%

GLARE REDUCTION: 54%

Palisade is also a Multi-Layer film, just SLIGHTLY more reflective than the Huper, and it has the added benefit of a Dry Adhesive. Dry adhesives are generally considered to be longer lasting than pressure sensitive adhesives. It should cost a lot less than Huper, so why pay so much more for little added benefit? :nope

The Huper specs for their Ceramic 40 are very similar:

http://www.huperoptik.com/ProductsX3.html

One more thing,

You said,

Since the parent company that owns SunGard, Solamatrix, is also owned by one of the companies involved in Huper Optik, Novamatrix, you're actually looking at 2 different products from the same source, in a way.

Theoretically, since Huper is only sold to top shelf dealers and distributors, you'd be solid going with them. In practice, since they gave me the cold shoulder, they're definitely NOT selling to the top shelf dealer in my area. (that'd be me.)

My initial post was not directed at you AT ALL. Wamatt started by saying he's looking for film for his apartment, and I don't care if a film is made of solid gold, I can't imagine why he needs one of the most expensive films in the world on apartment windows unless he lives in a penthouse suite in NewYork City.

The only reason I mentioned the cold shoulder to wamatt is so maybe he'll realize that image and hype are not always what they seem. He needs to be worried about the dealer more than worrying about the product and I say that from EXPERIENCE. I compete against dealers in my area whose products are very good, but professionalism and installation quality are terrible.

I'm trying to offer a REASONABLE alternative, not an identical one. I did not "edit" anything, I merely explained what you failed to read accurately the first time.

Guest vclimber
Vclimber, This is my first post in this thread:
Wamatt,

I don't know where you are, but I'd look into a dealer for Johnson Window films.

Here's the specs on their Ceramic called Palisade:

FILM TYPE: Palisade 35, (which should be called 40)

IR REJECTION (NIR: 800-2500 nm): 78%

VISIBLE LIGHT TRANSMISSION: 42%

SOLAR ENERGY REJECTED: 55%

SHADING COEFFICIENT: .52

SOLAR HEAT GAIN COEFFICIENT: .45

VISIBLE LIGHT REFLECTION: 16%

SOLAR ENERGY ABSORBED: 48%

GLARE REDUCTION: 54%

Palisade is also a Multi-Layer film, just SLIGHTLY more reflective than the Huper, and it has the added benefit of a Dry Adhesive. Dry adhesives are generally considered to be longer lasting than pressure sensitive adhesives. It should cost a lot less than Huper, so why pay so much more for little added benefit? :nope

The Huper specs for their Ceramic 40 are very similar:

http://www.huperoptik.com/ProductsX3.html

One more thing,

You said,

My initial post was not directed at you AT ALL. Wamatt started by saying he's looking for film for his apartment, and I don't care if a film is made of solid gold, I can't imagine why he needs one of the most expensive films in the world on apartment windows unless he lives in a penthouse suite in NewYork City.

The only reason I mentioned the cold shoulder to wamatt is so maybe he'll realize that image and hype are not always what they seem. He needs to be worried about the dealer more than worrying about the product and I say that from EXPERIENCE. I compete against dealers in my area whose products are very good, but professionalism and installation quality are terrible.

I'm trying to offer a REASONABLE alternative, not an identical one. I did not "edit" anything, I merely explained what you failed to read accurately the first time.

You said you deal in facts... and then you are saying theoretically? So which do you want to deal in fact or theory? So how am I blinded or by name? How about some facts instead of statements, your posts sound like it came from your rep's script.

Is Ceramic 30 or DREI for that matter the most expensive films in the world? What besides price makes Palisade 35 the better choice for glare 1st, then heat rej, and finally clarity?

If he has an apartment then he probably has under 100sq ft. Is price really going to be a huge issue on that kind of footage?

-Btw 72x72 ceramic installs are no problem (we do miles of ceramic with less glass issues than most other films, how much ceramic do you put up?) 50 sq ft or less is fully covered by a lifetime residential warranty with 2K per pane coverage. What is J's warranty?

wamatt,

I hope that you aren't freaked out by a sidelined discussion between two film guys.

If you feel like spending the money, Huper Optik is an awesome product and they offer various options so I'd imagine they have somthing that will make you happy.

Quite a few other manufacturers do also, and my suggestion is that you give different ones consideration.

I hope you find one that does all you need and exceeds your expectations.

H

Guest vclimber

And get factual answers to your questions before you fall for the price carrot. Yes, there are a lot of options out there but not everyone will give you relevant data. Know your needs, know your wants, gather facts and make an informed decision. :nope

Archived