shrinking bg

Guest rene

hey guys I did 07 cobalt and the backglass really kicked my arse. I usually use the baby powder method and do fine but I could not get the film to form. also I was trying some of the value tint that I was sent to see how it worked. what got me was when I went to shrink the top it always seems that there is too much heat and the film start to kinda bubble. but I use the same amount on the bottom and this never happens. and when I installed the film it would not stick to the dots on the top. I used glue and no luck. im just frustrated.

Guest Total tint

is it a 2 dr? if so the back glass on that car is kinda tricky at the top, I always leave the film long at the top so I can pull and stretch the fingers downs, also try using the lift and pull method works great, as far as the dots, try sanding them down first, then glue, then heat, should turn out good with no problems

hey guys I did 07 cobalt and the backglass really kicked my arse. I usually use the baby powder method and do fine but I could not get the film to form. also I was trying some of the value tint that I was sent to see how it worked. what got me was when I went to shrink the top it always seems that there is too much heat and the film start to kinda bubble. but I use the same amount on the bottom and this never happens. and when I installed the film it would not stick to the dots on the top. I used glue and no luck. im just frustrated.

I use fabric softener on my back glass's with the lift and pull method. I've found that when you have to apply a large amount of heat to cheap film it doesn't perform like you want it to. You can also use blackout vynil on the dots you can't see threw it, but it sticks great and looks even better.

Guest scottydosnntkno

also, try starting in the corners a little bit, then move to the center and shrink almost all the way to the top. it will pull excess film from the sides inwards, then shrink the corners. I will make a diagram of this in a little while, it is the easiest way I have found to do the soap method.

thanks for your replies ya it is a 2 door. I wanna try the lift and pull method is there a video to watch and get an idea. the bottom of the glass seem to form like cake and when I went to the top well everything just went down hill. inside it seems as it was another battle cause the filmm would not stick. I heard good things about the tint so I was hoping to get somewhat decent results. what size or thickness sand paper to use when I sand the dots.

I did hear good things about the film but maybe I tried it on the wrong car for the first time. when u say u paint the dots what method do u use or how do u paint them.

Archived