Pulling glass on ext cabs

I have a 98 Silverado sitting in my shop right now, and its an extended cab. On ext cab windows with "buttons" on them, I pull the glass out to tint them. Older Fords and Chevys are mostly the ones I get that I do this to. I charge more of course for the removal of the glass, but I wont do them any other way. If someone was to tell me they dont care about the glass being pulled, and to just do it, I wouldn't...I just cant bring myself to leave gaps.

I do the same with 01-07 Ford Escape, and 1st gen Vibe/Matrix back glass's. Yes, I pull the glass out to do them...every time. Oh, same with Pathfinders. Anyone else as crazy as me?

I have a 98 Silverado sitting in my shop right now, and its an extended cab. On ext cab windows with "buttons" on them, I pull the glass out to tint them. Older Fords and Chevys are mostly the ones I get that I do this to. I charge more of course for the removal of the glass, but I wont do them any other way. If someone was to tell me they dont care about the glass being pulled, and to just do it, I wouldn't...I just cant bring myself to leave gaps.

I do the same with 01-07 Ford Escape, and 1st gen Vibe/Matrix back glass's. Yes, I pull the glass out to do them...every time. Oh, same with Pathfinders. Anyone else as crazy as me?

That's the only way it should be done, otherwise it looks like :thumb

Guest StreetsAheadWindowTinting

That's the only way it should be done, otherwise it looks like :drevil

The 1995 Toyota Hiace Supercustom has 900mm long windows on 2 hinges and a catch, just cut the dog bones once they are dry enough to cut them out.

BTW dog bone is a figure 8 overlapping the two mounting holes for the latch.

Archived