views on reflector boards

Guest leonpdr2008

Either just one line on a white back or black & white lines I found the best. Forget yellow its too hard on your eyes IMO.

Suction pump to body too.

No magnets or (cheap)suction cups.

I Still using a strip light inside, but only you will know whats best for your eye through trial and error.

Its up to you, I like to start a dent with the fog then finish it with the lines. There is no best like the whopper or big mac. what is easiest for you to see the dent and make the most progress is the best way. Sounds lame and like im not helping but I was the same way. and I can say that once I just did it, it worked you know like the old saying stop thinking and just do. I was like "whats the best tools, best board, best school, best glue puller, best everything thinking if I had the best it would make learning any easyier, It did not and it wont, just put on your boots and truck along!!! good luck

Guest leonpdr2008

Cheers for the replys,I guess we are all different ,its somthing I need to bear in mind.I like the idea of doing rather than thinking (good advice)and its true what you say about the tools etc.I,m going to see my trainer soon so I will try out some different boards and see which I prefer as I don't seem to get on very well with the one I have at the moment.Thanks again off to do some more practising ! :welcome

Guest tint51
There are so many to choose from not sure the best sort of pattern or colour to try bearing in mind I'm still learning. :headbang

Personally I like the light best..

Second yellow board

and then black and white board..

Guest codylee24

you have to know if you are reading texture on impression. texture you need a fade, impression you can use both. outside I use a white board with 3 thick black lines. use 1 at a time starting with the 1 farthest from the panel, as the dent comes up more to the next closer line til its flat. You wont have to move the board 3, 4, time a dent. inside I use a k boom with 1 bulb and a 2" pvc pipe where the other bulb should be. that gives me a bulb line and a fade for texture on hail cars.

Guest leonpdr2008
you have to know if you are reading texture on impression. texture you need a fade, impression you can use both. outside I use a white board with 3 thick black lines. use 1 at a time starting with the 1 farthest from the panel, as the dent comes up more to the next closer line til its flat. You wont have to move the board 3, 4, time a dent. inside I use a k boom with 1 bulb and a 2" pvc pipe where the other bulb should be. that gives me a bulb line and a fade for texture on hail cars.

Once again thankyou for the advice,without meaning to sound rude I have not heard the terms"texture on impression"and"texture"used when I done my training.Would you be kind enough to explain what you mean by this so as I can be sure I understand fully the advice you have given me.Many thanks sprayerman 35

Archived