Too slippery when applying film

Today I was tinting toyota camry, I did good job but could be better. There was one minor problem which I found annoying, When I was trying to apply the film on the inside, it was too slippery. When I apply the film, I usually line the edge on top first then I work my way toward the bottom. But the problem is As I was trying tuck the film in, it was slippering around too much and messes up position on the top edge. I am just curious what I should do next time to make sure the film lock in place better. Do you think I should put less baby shampoo in the soap solution? Any help is appreciated, thanks

Guest scottydosnntkno
less soap, blue max(it;s a must) if you blue max enough and soap mixture is right you wont have any problems

its hard to get the first bit of tack though if its too soapy, even with a blue max. If I put too much soap in, I cant even line up the edge without the film sliding all over. Just its own weight will pull it down sometimes.

less soap, blue max(it;s a must) if you blue max enough and soap mixture is right you wont have any problems

its hard to get the first bit of tack though if its too soapy, even with a blue max. If I put too much soap in, I cant even line up the edge without the film sliding all over. Just its own weight will pull it down sometimes.

then thats way too much soap. mess around with your mixture. we dont have a standard, but my guys get it very close every time. you just have to change your routine a little if it doesnt stick right away. we either heat, or just move to the next window. with time it will stick

Guest scottydosnntkno

then thats way too much soap. mess around with your mixture. we dont have a standard, but my guys get it very close every time. you just have to change your routine a little if it doesnt stick right away. we either heat, or just move to the next window. with time it will stick

I've been having issues lately with using "slip ease" from SolarGard(filmhandler), and that when I use it on backwindows, it takes up so fast that I don't even have time to slide the film into position before I have to pull it down and spray more solution on it. Putting more or less solution in the bottle only makes it worse both ways. On side windows it is nice to have them tack up fast, but lately ive been using two bottles, a slip ease one for the sides, and a J&J one for the back window.

Archived