starting a business dilemma

looking into starting my own tint shop, little background info im 25 been doing it five years and love it and now feel pretty confident on doing my own thing, I have a good friend that has his own tint shop to and I have taught him alot since we became friends years ago.

now dilemma he is a great guy and does a fair amount of work by himself but sometimes calls me and I help him out, I know its pretty much dumb to start doing my own thing and then help him out cause I would be my own competition, he kinda drifts through it when he needs the money and when he gets money nothing goes back into the business it just goes in his pocket and gets spent on stupid stuff, and I kind of feel like if I were in a business with him I would get the shaft end of the deal and work my ass off and make his money for him.

stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

If your going to do your own thing, do it. Dont worry about your buddy. I have buddies that do thier own thing and we work it out if one needs help. Now , if your going to join forces, get everything in writing.....this is how business works and if he does not like it, that is someone I would not do business with.

It is very hard to tell other people how to spend thier money.

:thumb

Good luck.

I say do it yourself. Partnerships seldom work. It will come to a point where one of you think you are doing most of the work and getting paid the same. If you are serious about it, and motivated...really motivated...you can do it yourself. There is plenty of work out there for all of us, no matter where you are located.

Guest tintdude1982
I say do it yourself. Partnerships seldom work. It will come to a point where one of you think you are doing most of the work and getting paid the same. If you are serious about it, and motivated...really motivated...you can do it yourself. There is plenty of work out there for all of us, no matter where you are located.
no such thing as plenty of work :beer

looking into starting my own tint shop, little background info im 25 been doing it five years and love it and now feel pretty confident on doing my own thing, I have a good friend that has his own tint shop to and I have taught him alot since we became friends years ago.

now dilemma he is a great guy and does a fair amount of work by himself but sometimes calls me and I help him out, I know its pretty much dumb to start doing my own thing and then help him out cause I would be my own competition, he kinda drifts through it when he needs the money and when he gets money nothing goes back into the business it just goes in his pocket and gets spent on stupid stuff, and I kind of feel like if I were in a business with him I would get the shaft end of the deal and work my ass off and make his money for him.

stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

How do you help him out ? Does he pay you . If he is paying you isnt he help you too. ITs different if he made you tint for free.

Guest metro jim

Trade hours, not everyone is always busy on the same day, a simple hand shake and a small note pad to keep it on an even keel. Plus a lot less paper work

If your going to do your own thing, do it. Dont worry about your buddy. I have buddies that do thier own thing and we work it out if one needs help. Now , if your going to join forces, get everything in writing.....this is how business works and if he does not like it, that is someone I would not do business with.

It is very hard to tell other people how to spend thier money.

:lol

Good luck.

nice pearls man.

Archived