Need help ASAp

Guest Katie0530

Guest Katie0530

Ive done these cars before never seen this before. Im stripping whole car and retinting it due to a hack job by another shop. Stripped all windows and got to the driver door almost done and windows start rolling up and down on their own, pass. mirror went in and stayed in, seat heaters stay powered on and seats move on their own. I pulled the door panel and nothing seems to be wet. Im lost and the customer wants the car by the end of the day. PLEASE HELP

Guest crazytinter

Matt,, Hey on MB the front driver door has sensors that once they get wet all windows will roll down and the mirrors will freak out. remove door panel find the switch mechanism and take your heatgun on low and dry it out. Then do your best to not get it wet again. good luck

Matt,, Hey on MB the front driver door has sensors that once they get wet all windows will roll down and the mirrors will freak out. remove door panel find the switch mechanism and take your heatgun on low and dry it out. Then do your best to not get it wet again. good luck

EXACTLY! I moved the seat up so my apprentice could tint the rear glass while I tint the doors. Once this mechanism got wet, the seats would not go back. The car had to be towed the the Mercedes dealer. A new board was installed after 1 week (waiting for the part). Cost several hundreds of dollars. Owner also owned the dealership I tinted at and loved my work so he just wrote the whole thing off and told me NOT to worry about it. :thumb But if that happened now to any other customer I would probably be expected to cover the damage. :dumbass

Guest scottydosnntkno

On MB's I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you follow what the dealer told me and that is to put some sort of plastic sheeting over the door panel starting at the very edge of the gasket so NO water gets on the door panel at all. Just like above, there is a safety mechanism in case the car goes under water that will put all the windows down and move the seats so it is easier to get out in case of emergency. Those are the exact words the service manager at the dealer told me. If it does get wet dry it out like he said above and you should have no issues.

Well thats the stupidest thing ive heard of in my life! What if your in a bad rain storm and you open your door to get out and it gets wet? I know my door panels have gotten wetter in a downpour than when I tint a glass. :dumbass Does the car have a rain monitor built in? :thumb

Well thats the stupidest thing ive heard of in my life! What if your in a bad rain storm and you open your door to get out and it gets wet? I know my door panels have gotten wetter in a downpour than when I tint a glass. :thumb Does the car have a rain monitor built in? :dumbass

Actually a lot of them do.... We have a custom circuit that we integrate into the rain sensor that closes the windows and convertible top or sunroof if they are left down and it starts to rain while its parked.... :thumb

Archived