Few Fast Questions

Guest Tint Terrorist

Guest scottydosnntkno
This web site would be better named... askaquestionandgetasmartassedreply.com . I am not directing this statement to you Mr. Tintdude, just towards 75% of its members.As I had metioned in a previous thread a few weeks ago, these new people that join this site are here to learn and ask questions about the window tinting industry.And when they post,it never fails that they are bombed with replies such as the ones that are posted here.Personally,I have always admired the new guy or girl that has decided to try this type of profession.Remeber this ! Everyone one of was a rookie at one time.

I completely agree. Generally, online forums are a place where people share their knowledge amongst themselves in a somewhat professional manner. Almost every single thread on this forum has at least one smart ass reply, and the majority of the members seem to find it funny to make fun of the new guy and not help them. It just seems rediculous that our forum of "professionals", to the new outsider, is a bunch of cocky ass window tinters who think they are better than everyone else and don't want to help anyone.

to the TS, if you ever need a real answer, feel free to PM me

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just figured if the person who started this thread was 'lurking' for quite a while (as they themselves said) then they should expect taking crap for picking the 'Tint Terrorist' name.....

Can't take the fire......... then burn...

Considering that the TINT_TERRORIST has most often - if not always :dwiwd - posted in "minimum accumulated posts" forums, she would not have had any knowledge of THA ORIGINOLE, DUMPTSA DIVIN, DARK PAPAS SLANGIN JIGGRA MANG YO!!! :cool
Generally, online forums are a place where people share their knowledge amongst themselves in a somewhat professional manager.
:cool

Really!? :lol

Guest tintingbytami

if in deed u are a female tinter ..from one female tinter to the another welcome and we do it better lol.....and FYI dry shrink here no seams , no plotter free hand I'm old school lol .. e-mail me if u have any questions I'll be glad to help all I can tamiwalker110@msn.com. oh the men there ok too

This web site would be better named... askaquestionandgetasmartassedreply.com . I am not directing this statement to you Mr. Tintdude, just towards 75% of its members.As I had metioned in a previous thread a few weeks ago, these new people that join this site are here to learn and ask questions about the window tinting industry.And when they post,it never fails that they are bombed with replies such as the ones that are posted here.Personally,I have always admired the new guy or girl that has decided to try this type of profession.Remeber this ! Everyone one of was a rookie at one time.

I completely agree. Generally, online forums are a place where people share their knowledge amongst themselves in a somewhat professional manner. Almost every single thread on this forum has at least one smart ass reply, and the majority of the members seem to find it funny to make fun of the new guy and not help them. It just seems rediculous that our forum of "professionals", to the new outsider, is a bunch of cocky ass window tinters who think they are better than everyone else and don't want to help anyone.

I think you may misunderstand ppl's statements. This is someone who comes on here and in her first post asks...basically "what are tricks you guys have spent your career learning?"

To many of us, this is the way we pay our bills, put our kids through school, have a roof over our head, etc. etc. etc. The more competition/DIYers we train, the less money we have to do the things I just mentioned. Many of us have spent years and years of our lives (speaking for myself...almost as long as you have been on this earth) developing and perfecting the techniques, methods and tricks that make us the "above average" professionals that we are.

Nowadays, anybody with a computer and internet connection, can find out any little bit of information they want. Some of us dont think it should be that easy! After our spending all these years learning by trial and error, these things that you kids take for granted because you can just punch it into your computer and get the answer, why should we feel obligated to answer, with no bias, each and every question our competition may have?!?!?!

Maybe this person is planning on opening thier shop next door to you. Do you still want us to teach her every trick in the book, so that she can take a piece of your income? :dwiwd

Guest accurate

I think you may misunderstand ppl's statements. This is someone who comes on here and in her first post asks...basically "what are tricks you guys have spent your career learning?"

To many of us, this is the way we pay our bills, put our kids through school, have a roof over our head, etc. etc. etc. The more competition/DIYers we train, the less money we have to do the things I just mentioned. Many of us have spent years and years of our lives (speaking for myself...almost as long as you have been on this earth) developing and perfecting the techniques, methods and tricks that make us the "above average" professionals that we are.

Nowadays, anybody with a computer and internet connection, can find out any little bit of information they want. Some of us dont think it should be that easy! After our spending all these years learning by trial and error, these things that you kids take for granted because you can just punch it into your computer and get the answer, why should we feel obligated to answer, with no bias, each and every question our competition may have?!?!?!

Maybe this person is planning on opening thier shop next door to you. Do you still want us to teach her every trick in the book, so that she can take a piece of your income? :tantrum

Well said slick.... :eye

Maybe this person is planning on opening thier shop next door to you. Do you still want us to teach her every trick in the book, so that she can take a piece of your income? :tantrum

Well said slick.... :eye

Thanx man.

Guest Tint Terrorist

I think you may misunderstand ppl's statements. This is someone who comes on here and in her first post asks...basically "what are tricks you guys have spent your career learning?" I'm sorry I asked for advice. I didn't intend to offend anyone nor did I realize that my post came across as "tell me all of your tint secrets". Again, I apoligize for posting the questions I had.

To many of us, this is the way we pay our bills, put our kids through school, have a roof over our head, etc. etc. etc. The more competition/DIYers we train, the less money we have to do the things I just mentioned. I'm not a DYI'er, in my opinion, and I pay my bills tinting also. So, I can understand where you are coming from. Many of us have spent years and years of our lives (speaking for myself...almost as long as you have been on this earth) developing and perfecting the techniques, methods and tricks that make us the "above average" professionals that we are. I applaude you and hope someday. I too can say the same thing.

Nowadays, anybody with a computer and internet connection, can find out any little bit of information they want. Some of us dont think it should be that easy! After our spending all these years learning by trial and error, these things that you kids take for granted because you can just punch it into your computer and get the answer, why should we feel obligated to answer, with no bias, each and every question our competition may have?!?!?! True. btw, 31 yesterday.

Maybe this person is planning on opening thier shop next door to you. Do you still want us to teach her every trick in the book, so that she can take a piece of your income? Rest assured, I stay plenty busy with repeat customers and have no intentins of fishing off of anyone else's dock. To my knowledge I haven't cheated any other professional tinter out of any potential income/revenue.

I can appreciate your comments and see where you are coming from completely. I find myself protecing mt tint knowledge with others around me to preserve my trade uniqueness too. I just came here to ask other fellow tinters a few advice questions and next time I will better think out my post questions. Thank you for reading and responding to this post One Slick Tinter. I wish you the best of luck! (-:

you kids take for granted because you can just punch it into your computer and get the answer, True. btw, 31 yesterday.

Just so you know, I was quoting a person 20 years old. From my seat...he's a kid. :tantrum

Also, none of those comments were directed at you personally. I was just trying to explain to some why some of us may make some of the comments we make. It can get pretty frustrating for many of us. (and thank you to those who did pm me with supportive comments on that post...they were very much appreciated :thumb )

If you dont plan on "fishing off anyone elses dock", may I suggest going to someone near you and asking them these questions. :eye I have actually given lots of advice to competitors. I wouldnt pass out every trick I know, but at the same time, I dont mind helping them out a bit when they need it....I figure, hopefully, they can do the same for me sometime.

Guest Tint Terrorist

Yeah, 20 is a kid! lol ... OK .. No prob! I understand how noobs can frustrate a seasoned vet like yourself. Thank's again for the reply. . . From your post, I'm guessing this site is really geared more towards tinters that are more seasoned asking for assistance. I'm glad to know there is a general consensus in your corner from your compadres. (-: I can understand your position..... In the future, I will make an effort to ask other people in my area before I resort to asking for assistance with these types of advice questions within the TintDude site. I actually have been tinting for a few years now, but put one year on my title because I didn't want to come off like an idoit asking questions that maybe I should have already figured out by now ....After a few more years, I will "they can do the same for me sometime" hopefully be of that caliber! (-: Again ... Best of luck to you guys! I'll check back on this site later if I can't get help locally. (-:

Archived