Few Fast Questions

Guest Tint Terrorist

Guest Tint Terrorist
Yeah, 20 is a kid! lol ... OK .. No prob! I understand how noobs can frustrate a seasoned vet like yourself. Thank's again for the reply. . . From your post, I'm guessing this site is really geared more towards tinters that are more seasoned asking for assistance. I'm glad to know there is a general consensus in your corner from your compadres. (-: I can understand your position..... In the future, I will make an effort to ask other people in my area before I resort to asking for assistance with these types of advice questions within the TintDude site. I actually have been tinting for a few years now, but put one year on my title because I didn't want to come off like an idiot asking questions that maybe I should have already figured out by now ....After a few more years, I will "they can do the same for me sometime" hopefully be of that caliber! (-: Again ... Best of luck to you guys! I'll check back on this site later if I can't get help locally. (-:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, 20 is a kid! lol ... OK .. No prob! I understand how noobs can frustrate a seasoned vet like yourself. Thank's again for the reply. . . From your post, I'm guessing this site is really geared more towards tinters that are more seasoned asking for assistance. I'm glad to know there is a general consensus in your corner from your compadres. (-: I can understand your position..... In the future, I will make an effort to ask other people in my area before I resort to asking for assistance with these types of advice questions within the TintDude site. I actually have been tinting for a few years now, but put one year on my title because I didn't want to come off like an idoit asking questions that maybe I should have already figured out by now ....After a few more years, I will "they can do the same for me sometime" hopefully be of that caliber! (-: Again ... Best of luck to you guys! I'll check back on this site later if I can't get help locally. (-:

Welcome! :mad Dont feel bad, I caught all kinds of :mad the first couple of posts here. I know where slicks coming from, I have trained guys have them leave and go to the competition and show them all my tricks. There are a few trolls on here, none of these folk are.

lol - Sorry about the double post .. I was trying to fix my "idiot" spelling ... figures ... lol

I will help you anytime :mad

Please dont be discouraged, When I first joined I was giving hell by MDOG and a few other members.

Hang in there, do the best you can, best way to learn things is doing them, no matter how much advice

or tips you ask, you will never get 100% truthful answers. Its a part of life and it sucks :mad

But, those of us who have done this for a while, well, were just cranky. But Slick is dead on right.

Our market is whored as it is.

QUOTE (Limo Tint Larry @ Feb 10 2009, 09:23 PM) [*]666352QUOTE (lilDetails @ Feb 10 2009, 05:20 PM) [*]666336must be the better half.....

She speaks in NORMAL English!

Dude I saw this thread and there was no Jiggra or broken English in the header and I was thinking to myself what the hell is going on... TT needs to step up and let people know who really puts the jihad on tint papas around here.

yea wat he be sayin

:beer

This thread has made my day :nope

Guest mahuebel
This web site would be better named... askaquestionandgetasmartassedreply.com . I am not directing this statement to you Mr. Tintdude, just towards 75% of its members.As I had metioned in a previous thread a few weeks ago, these new people that join this site are here to learn and ask questions about the window tinting industry.And when they post,it never fails that they are bombed with replies such as the ones that are posted here.Personally,I have always admired the new guy or girl that has decided to try this type of profession.Remeber this ! Everyone one of was a rookie at one time.

I completely agree. Generally, online forums are a place where people share their knowledge amongst themselves in a somewhat professional manner. Almost every single thread on this forum has at least one smart ass reply, and the majority of the members seem to find it funny to make fun of the new guy and not help them. It just seems rediculous that our forum of "professionals", to the new outsider, is a bunch of cocky ass window tinters who think they are better than everyone else and don't want to help anyone.

to the TS, if you ever need a real answer, feel free to PM me

I think you may misunderstand ppl's statements. This is someone who comes on here and in her first post asks...basically "what are tricks you guys have spent your career learning?"

To many of us, this is the way we pay our bills, put our kids through school, have a roof over our head, etc. etc. etc. The more competition/DIYers we train, the less money we have to do the things I just mentioned. Many of us have spent years and years of our lives (speaking for myself...almost as long as you have been on this earth) developing and perfecting the techniques, methods and tricks that make us the "above average" professionals that we are.

Nowadays, anybody with a computer and internet connection, can find out any little bit of information they want. Some of us dont think it should be that easy! After our spending all these years learning by trial and error, these things that you kids take for granted because you can just punch it into your computer and get the answer, why should we feel obligated to answer, with no bias, each and every question our competition may have?!?!?!

Maybe this person is planning on opening thier shop next door to you. Do you still want us to teach her every trick in the book, so that she can take a piece of your income? :beer

Thats not really they way I think about it now... I own a signs and tint shop, and we had one of our digital printing vendors come in to have a meeting. He started me thinking on how competition is actually good, if you think of the industry as a pie, yes they will take their slice, but they also make the pie bigger (every time they advertise tint, they raise "public awareness" of it). The bigger the pie, the more there is to go around. Now, competition from a shop next door wouldn't be all that fun, but from different cites? Shouldn't matter to you at all

Now, competition from a shop next door wouldn't be all that fun, but from different cites? Shouldn't matter to you at all

It DOESN'T matter to me at all, doesn't effect me in the least. But it may effect someone on here that I have respect for. So what I was saying is that some of us choose not to give away our tips and tricks to beginners that may effect someone like that...others jump at the opportunity every chance they get. (In fact it seems some even trip over each other to be the FIRST to spill their guts)

What I was doing was explaining to the new person on the board, why some people may come across as, as she puts it,

a bunch of cocky ass window tinters who think they are better than everyone else and don't want to help anyone.
Thats all. :hump

Guest scottydosnntkno
Now, competition from a shop next door wouldn't be all that fun, but from different cites? Shouldn't matter to you at all

It DOESN'T matter to me at all, doesn't effect me in the least. But it may effect someone on here that I have respect for. So what I was saying is that some of us choose not to give away our tips and tricks to beginners that may effect someone like that...others jump at the opportunity every chance they get. (In fact it seems some even trip over each other to be the FIRST to spill their guts)

What I was doing was explaining to the new person on the board, why some people may come across as, as she puts it,

a bunch of cocky ass window tinters who think they are better than everyone else and don't want to help anyone.
Thats all. :beer

while I understand where you guys are coming from with your points of view, at the same time I am here because it is a public forum that is meant to help people. I have no issues telling people my "secrets" if you would, because that is what they are here for is to learn, and I am here to help people to learn.

Thats all. :shock

while I understand where you guys are coming from with your points of view, at the same time I am here because it is a public forum that is meant to help people. I have no issues telling people my "secrets" if you would, because that is what they are here for is to learn, and I am here to help people to learn.

:spit There you go newbies, you know where to get all your answers. :spit

Archived