Post your rent

I have a small shop that isnt on a major road, and is only 20'x20' with a/c. I pay $190/month for it. It is a little small, and later this year I am looking to kick another guy in my complex out for his 1500sq ft with an office (should things go well) for $675/month. His shop has 2 bays, which gives me room to do automotive and store a van I hope to purchase this year. So what do you pay.

BTW, if you break it down by ppsf, mine is 47.5 cents a sq ft.

just for sh!ts...what do you think about this being my installation vehicle...I think its kinda cool.... http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1031382725.html

man! you have it good over there, how much you get on average per car over there? we moved in to a new building a year ago this month and well, lower overhead helps. as long as you keep the shop rent low then ur good to go. we have a same size sq foot shop (hard to get used to smaller spaces) for about a grand more than that :dwiwd

I usually charge $180-$200 for 4dr cars...depends on size. R&R start @ $220. I dont do a lot of automotive at my shop, its mainly there to store my film and ladders for fg. Auto tinting is too much of a headache, but I do have a dealership I do work for. BTW, none of the shops where I am located has a store front.

Here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...&iwloc=addr If you do the street view and click over to the left you can see what the shops look like. I cant get a better picture, no matter what address I put in for this complex it shows this damn house! My shop is behind it, in a tiny little shop seperate from the long buildings.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mcpcola

Right Now I do not have a shop but This summer I am going full time on this and My Brother has a 8,000Sqft Shop that he rents for his tire shop and that is only $800 on a main road near the Navy Base.

I'm in a sticky situation, my wife's mom owns the building and since she retired can't make the mortgage on it on her own. I pay about $5600/mo. for my building, but the other two suites are like $900, $2000, so I get the bone. I'm hoping she will renew the leases for more money so that mine can go down, but so far I've been able to make it for 6 months. The only positive side is that the building has 10 years left on the mortgage and by keeping it in the family, eventually it will make it's way down to my wife and I.

I have a small shop that isnt on a major road, and is only 20'x20' with a/c. I pay $190/month for it. It is a little small, and later this year I am looking to kick another guy in my complex out for his 1500sq ft with an office (should things go well) for $675/month. His shop has 2 bays, which gives me room to do automotive and store a van I hope to purchase this year. So what do you pay.

BTW, if you break it down by ppsf, mine is 47.5 cents a sq ft.

just for sh!ts...what do you think about this being my installation vehicle...I think its kinda cool.... http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1031382725.html

wow.... great price! :eye:

I am on the main drag of the city, directly across from the biggest mall in the area, so we see alot of traffic. I pay 40 cents a sq. ft. That includes my electric and most of my heat (I started feeling guilty everytime the landlord would come in to fill up the oil tank....so I pay for one full tank a year...to ease my conscience. :tantrum )

Heres a tip of the week.....DO NOT MOVE TO COLORADO Average price of anything around here is STARTING at 13.50/ sqft plus triple net and utilites. I have one bay garage 286 sqft pay 14/sqft utilities included. We are looking to upgrade but Commerical is slim pickens here unless you plan on paying 4-6k a month rent plus utilities. And on top of it all is "triple net" which adds about another 3-5 hundred a month on top of utilities and rent. Anyone thinking of moving here though the Mcdonalds here pays 12 bucks and hour which is better than wal mart right now.

Guest Total tint

I dont pay rent, I pay a flat commision per car, so if I'm not doing anything there is no clock running , plus I get utilities free, and free advertising as he includes me in everything he does, I really dont think you can get any better than that

kk, in our shop now we pay $2.50 a sq ft.-so $475 a month + water + trash + electric= $770

2 years ago, we looked at a larger building at $8.75 a sq ft rent on that bad boy was gonna be almost $8000 a month...it is still for rent...landlords get greedy cuz it is commercial, and they end up sitting on it for years and then only renting it for a couple of years at a time to different companies...I would think that a landlord would prefer to rent for a bit less and have a company there for 5+ years...if I had the cash, I would build a automotive plaza and rent it out at far and balanced prices...lol...

If our economy doesn't start behaving, we are moving to Canada...40 cents a square ft....jeez....

oh yeah, and you have to wrap that van...have to...

Archived