Post your rent

I dont pay rent, I pay a flat commision per car, so if I'm not doing anything there is no clock running , plus I get utilities free, and free advertising as he includes me in everything he does, I really dont think you can get any better than that

same here. only problem is its a one bay building and he does stereo installs and stuff also so sometimes it gets hectic. but with warmer weather on the horizon it will be easier cause he loves working on the outside as long as weather permitting.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right Now I do not have a shop but This summer I am going full time on this and My Brother has a 8,000Sqft Shop that he rents for his tire shop and that is only $800 on a main road near the Navy Base.

Damn I am embarrased to say what I pay. I have never heard commercial property for these prices. Apartments cost more than these prices here in central florida .

my "rent" is the 10 to 20 percent that I pay the shops I work at.....small towns with good locations. I have paid $142 for a day. But that is the shop selling the job, providing bay space, electricity, water, and normally handling talking to the customer completely....all I do is the tint and paperwork!

Now the good side is that when I am not working I am paying NOTHING.....

Some of you may want to refigure what you think you're paying. This is how you figure per square foot price. Example - 1000 sf building. $1000 monthly rent. Yearly rent = $12,000 dollars. Divide by 1000 - (sf). $12 per square foot is your rate.

Huh?? $1000 for 1000sq ft is $1 psf.

If it were $12 psf, then monthly rent would be $12000. Im not sure I understand what you are trying to explain.

Heres a tip of the week.....DO NOT MOVE TO COLORADO Average price of anything around here is STARTING at 13.50/ sqft plus triple net and utilites. I have one bay garage 286 sqft pay 14/sqft utilities included. We are looking to upgrade but Commerical is slim pickens here unless you plan on paying 4-6k a month rent plus utilities. And on top of it all is "triple net" which adds about another 3-5 hundred a month on top of utilities and rent. Anyone thinking of moving here though the Mcdonalds here pays 12 bucks and hour which is better than wal mart right now.

Huh?? $1000 for 1000sq ft is $1 psf.

If it were $12 psf, then monthly rent would be $12000. Im not sure I understand what you are trying to explain.

So an average rent is $13,500 for anything? What I'm saying is if want to accurately compare price per square foot then everyone should use the same formula. The formula used by listing agents is the one I explained. You still have an inexpensive shop location, but your true rate is actually a little under $6 psf. :beer

Archived