don't pull too hard!!!

I broke my first windshield today on a brand new mazda cx-7 removing the rear view mirror. to my amazement with very little effort the mirror, bracket, and a chunck of glass came off into my hand, I almost cried. It's costing me $725 to replace. I've been told there are tools that help, but I think the best rule of thumb might be "if it doesn't come off at first, don't try again." Are some cars more likely to do this than others, or was it just me?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I broke my first windshield today on a brand new mazda cx-7 removing the rear view mirror. to my amazement with very little effort the mirror, bracket, and a chunck of glass came off into my hand, I almost cried. It's costing me $725 to replace. I've been told there are tools that help, but I think the best rule of thumb might be "if it doesn't come off at first, don't try again." Are some cars more likely to do this than others, or was it just me?

Doesnt your shop insurance cover it? It should....

Bummer, 725 seems a bit steep for a windshield also. Is that dealer price? I havnt broken a windshield yet but I messed up a Maxima door panel before which was like $425 with the Nissan Employee discount :eye

Don’t ever melt a G35 panel!!!!! That stuff goes fast if your breath is to hot!!!! A EX installer helped me with one of the first ones in town. Glad I have a great crew the last year or more. :tantrum

It’s happened to me. If I file on my shop insurance for a thousand or so it’s not worth it. First claim and rates go up, next claim cancelled! Some might be different :tantrum

Very true, save it for something major. There was thread a while back where one of our fellow TD members lost his insurance due to filing a few minor claims and he was having a heck of a time finding a new provider.

Archived