don't pull too hard!!!

I guess it helps being a glass man first and a tinter second...

rule of thumb should be LEARN HOW and use the right technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you shouldnt be tinting

Dude, I dont think you understand. The windhields that I broke, I barely put any pressure on it. It was about the same amount of pressure as if you were reaching up just to adjust the mirror. As soon as I touched it, it sounded like a firecracker and the metal part came off with the rear view mirror with a small "chunk" of glass attached to it.

ill write you later I got a funny story about this!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for late reply shop has been busy. 725 is the cheapest I could find had quotes of up to $1100. the vehicle only had 2000 miles on it. From now on if they want it below the mirror I'm splicing it. lol

I guess it helps being a glass man first and a tinter second...

rule of thumb should be LEARN HOW and use the right technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you shouldnt be tinting

Dude, I dont think you understand. The windhields that I broke, I barely put any pressure on it. It was about the same amount of pressure as if you were reaching up just to adjust the mirror. As soon as I touched it, it sounded like a firecracker and the metal part came off with the rear view mirror with a small "chunk" of glass attached to it.

ill write you later I got a funny story about this!

as the story starts with a oyster shell where the mirror was...as if the mirror fell off a custy ask me to glue it with the two part adheisive you buy for from the auto parts store..he went and purchased the glue and I glued it back up. needless to say it wasnt possible to see where the oyster shell was before. I know this wont work in all situations but its alot cheaper than a new peice of glass. ive worked with replacing glass as long as ive been tinting glass. I have ran into this threw out the years where a oyster shell will never get bigger, but a actual crack will. this trick will not work with cracks-JUST OYSTER SHELL...even seen a peice of vynle on the out side of the glass as if it was the ceramic.. :mad

Guest teamfutaba

dont want to sound like a richard cranium buttt..... how the hell do you break a w/s taking the rear view off. theres only 1 that I know of that has no tool to remove it. the ford clamp you pry against the base to remove, the chevy has screw's, the european and germans you twist the japs are easy as well. should I do some videos of how to remove the ones you have problems with, let me know which ones you have trouble with and I will share some tecniques.

Guest filmslayer

hey richard ! :thumb when was the last time you have removed 8-10 different mirrors in a day ? I have all the lil tools and over 15yrs. exp. in doing this and I've broken shields ! we work with glass and guess what , glass breaks !!! :boogagay2: tell me you have never broke a window in in all the years you've been tinting and I will call :gayfight right now !!!

dont want to sound like a richard cranium buttt..... how the hell do you break a w/s taking the rear view off. theres only 1 that I know of that has no tool to remove it. the ford clamp you pry against the base to remove, the chevy has screw's, the european and germans you twist the japs are easy as well. should I do some videos of how to remove the ones you have problems with, let me know which ones you have trouble with and I will share some tecniques.

Not all chevies have the screws, quite a few S-10s dont have the screws. They slide and lip on but they are not like the Fords.

"how the hell do you break a w/s taking the rear view off?" I would have said the same thing before it happened to me. I barely put any pressure on it........Honest!.

Archived