Turtle Wax for shrinking

Guest justincredible

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the soap method but from time to time I have experienced the tint sticking to the glass. I think it happens when you dont have enough soap haze on the glass.

I will try the wax just for the heck of it.

Guest ltlmsc85

I dont want to sound dumb but what do you mean by "soap method". do you mean just soapy water and "wet shrink" it? when I shrink a Back Glass I just wipe it clean with a paper towel n a few sprays of my regular tint solution and just make sure its dried up before I put the film on to start shrinking.. when I started tinting I used the "dryer sheet" method but learned that takes more time and then I'd have to clean it back up, plus it seems to "slow" the shrink as I wave heat over it. using nothing just seems to be easier for me

I dont want to sound dumb but what do you mean by "soap method". do you mean just soapy water and "wet shrink" it? when I shrink a Back Glass I just wipe it clean with a paper towel n a few sprays of my regular tint solution and just make sure its dried up before I put the film on to start shrinking.. when I started tinting I used the "dryer sheet" method but learned that takes more time and then I'd have to clean it back up, plus it seems to "slow" the shrink as I wave heat over it. using nothing just seems to be easier for me

First I squegee the window then I take a soapy microcloth rag and wipe a haze on the rear window. Let it dry, anchor the film and start the shrink. It is not a wet shrink you wait long enough for it to dry before you lay the film on for shrinking.

There are some that spray the solution on as you said you do which also works but there is always more than one way to skin a cat. :dunno

Archived