film stock

Guest Total tint

Guest scottydosnntkno
just wondering starting to pick up really fast ordered 6 rolls of 38 4 rolls of 18 and 2 rolls of 5 2day

a lot of it depends on how fast your film company ships out the film. if its like Solar Gard, and it always arrives in 3 days never fail, I usually wait until I finish up one roll, and break into my backup roll, then order another 2, so I always have at least one full roll on the shelf. I use the 4 main shades(5,20,35,50), but generally keep 3 rolls of each on hand(one open, two unopened), because if you talk to your rep, a lot of times they can get you some rediculous deals on some films, so I order a lot at a time when its cheaper. Right now on hand I probably have in the storage room I'd say 30 rolls? Then about 15 more in the garage. Mostly whats in storage is the films that don't get used a lot(the darker shades of quantum, the lighter shades of HP Smoke and Supreme, some partials, sample rolls, etc).

I really have enough film on hand to last me at least a couple months right now though. I have a problem with buying film :shock

Guest youngazntinter

I keep at least 2rolls of each vlt's in 22" and same with the 38".. I buy it in 60 " and they cut it 22 and 38 for me.

some times if I run out of 22" I use 38" to cut down~~~ it works super for me.~

Guest scottydosnntkno
I keep at least 2rolls of each vlt's in 22" and same with the 38".. I buy it in 60 " and they cut it 22 and 38 for me.

some times if I run out of 22" I use 38" to cut down~~~ it works super for me.~

if you run out, instead of cutting down the 38s, and losing that 16", just turn the 38 sideways. Same way I do all the full size trucks, because I only stock 36 and 20. Then do your shrink side to side

I only keep what I need at the time. Usually 1 roll of each %. Only b/c my distributor is 10 miles from me, so if I need more, I go pick some up.

As far as commercial films, I have enough of all I sell for samples, and buy what I need according to each job, the day of/before the install date. I like to keep my overhead to just my rent and utilities.

Guest tintmanlibby
I only keep what I need at the time. Usually 1 roll of each %. Only b/c my distributor is 10 miles from me, so if I need more, I go pick some up.

As far as commercial films, I have enough of all I sell for samples, and buy what I need according to each job, the day of/before the install date. I like to keep my overhead to just my rent and utilities.

lucky you got it made :D

Archived