Help needed..before I throw plotter through the window!

Guest Crewey

Hi guys (and girls), I am new to this, but have recently purchased a second hand Mastercutter plotter (it says to install as a Graphtec ce2000). I have tried it connected to my PC via the USB but it will not work. The guy I bought it from said that he was never able to get it working from the USB so used it on the Serial port. My computer doesn't have a serial port so I bought a USB to Serial cable. However, every print just "fails"immediately. It wont even do a test print from the computer. I have been working on this for weeks now and feel that I will never get it working. Please could somebody help me???????? I would be very grateful of any advice (apart from "throw it through the window!")

Thanks

Crewey

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest djtekk707

this might be kinda dumb but w.e.....when I bought mine I had to try every single usb port on my computer(thankfully I have a few). But once you get the right one it should be recognized and be able to plot.....another idea would be to sell it 2 me real cheap.lol :shock

I don't know anything about plotters but when you install it on your computer you should be able to right click on the icon and go to properties then select a test page then go to ports and click on each port until you find the right one. Or the easier option would be go to a computer store and buy a serial port card and install it in your computer and be done with it cause usb to serial or parallel cables always give problems. :shock

I was having problems with my master cutter when I got mine, you have to buy the oriignal cables from the same manufacturer as the machine. :lol2

He's right. My old computer's motherboard just fried, so I had to get a new computer, which they don't have serial ports anymore. I bought an aftermarket USB to serial port, and it doesn't work. I called Desay, who is the manufacturer of the Master plotters. The guy in tech support stated that you have to get the cord from them, because the wiring sequence is different. Needless to say I'm having to wait for the cord from Canada. My Master is installed as Vinyl Master for the Flexi software, not sure but this may be your problem, if you do have a serial port and can use the original cord.

:cool

I was having problems with my master cutter when I got mine, you have to buy the oriignal cables from the same manufacturer as the machine. :lol2

He's right. My old computer's motherboard just fried, so I had to get a new computer, which they don't have serial ports anymore. I bought an aftermarket USB to serial port, and it doesn't work. I called Desay, who is the manufacturer of the Master plotters. The guy in tech support stated that you have to get the cord from them, because the wiring sequence is different. Needless to say I'm having to wait for the cord from Canada. My Master is installed as Vinyl Master for the Flexi software, not sure but this may be your problem, if you do have a serial port and can use the original cord.

what size master cutter you have?

what size master cutter you have?

I've got the 24". It's the XY300-P. A few other on here may feel different, but some of us love ours.

:lol2

Archived