Help needed..before I throw plotter through the window!

Guest Crewey

I was having problems with my master cutter when I got mine, you have to buy the oriignal cables from the same manufacturer as the machine. :lol2

He's right. My old computer's motherboard just fried, so I had to get a new computer, which they don't have serial ports anymore. I bought an aftermarket USB to serial port, and it doesn't work. I called Desay, who is the manufacturer of the Master plotters. The guy in tech support stated that you have to get the cord from them, because the wiring sequence is different. Needless to say I'm having to wait for the cord from Canada. My Master is installed as Vinyl Master for the Flexi software, not sure but this may be your problem, if you do have a serial port and can use the original cord.

:cool

what size master cutter you have?

I've got the 24". It's the XY300-P. A few other on here may feel different, but some of us love ours.

:lol2

I believe I've got a 36", its alright, I just dont liek the SIGN GO software, very limited, tracin is decent. kinda noisy too

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was having problems with my master cutter when I got mine, you have to buy the oriignal cables from the same manufacturer as the machine. :cool

He's right. My old computer's motherboard just fried, so I had to get a new computer, which they don't have serial ports anymore. I bought an aftermarket USB to serial port, and it doesn't work. I called Desay, who is the manufacturer of the Master plotters. The guy in tech support stated that you have to get the cord from them, because the wiring sequence is different. Needless to say I'm having to wait for the cord from Canada. My Master is installed as Vinyl Master for the Flexi software, not sure but this may be your problem, if you do have a serial port and can use the original cord.

I've got the 24". It's the XY300-P. A few other on here may feel different, but some of us love ours.

That's why I have an American Graphtec....

Never a connection problem since day one.... USB port, it plugs right in and starts cuttin'.... :lol2

I was having problems with my master cutter when I got mine, you have to buy the oriignal cables from the same manufacturer as the machine. :cool

I believe I've got a 36", its alright, I just dont liek the SIGN GO software, very limited, tracin is decent. kinda noisy too

I tried the SignGo free trial that came with mine and hated it. Mine also came with FlexiStarter. It's ok, but doesn't have trace function. A friend had loaded his CorelDraw X3 on my old computer, and I loved it, except I had to export the image and then import into Flexi. My old computer fried, so for right now I don't have Corel X3.....HINT HINT.... to everyone. Yes the Master is noisy compared to a Roland, but this is the first time I've had troubles, which is only major to me, because it has me shut down until I get the new cable.

you know what I've been meaning to ask, what softwares out there are design and cut withting the program are there out there? :olfa

I love CorelDraw, but my cutter came with FlexiStarter. It's ok, but you don't have the trace part in that edition to trace bitmaps for conversion. I wish I still had my CorelDraw, but the motherboard on my old comp fried last week. It looks as though I'm going to have to buy the X4 version. I had the X3 version before. I think most people use a form of Flexi. You can't cut with Corel on the Master plotter tho.

:)

you know what I've been meaning to ask, what softwares out there are design and cut withting the program are there out there? :olfa

I love CorelDraw, but my cutter came with FlexiStarter. It's ok, but you don't have the trace part in that edition to trace bitmaps for conversion. I wish I still had my CorelDraw, but the motherboard on my old comp fried last week. It looks as though I'm going to have to buy the X4 version. I had the X3 version before. I think most people use a form of Flexi. You can't cut with Corel on the Master plotter tho.

Got your email, email me what you need ungrouped , most images I can but sometimes I have problems, email it to me see what I can do

you know what I've been meaning to ask, what softwares out there are design and cut withting the program are there out there? :rock

Got your email, email me what you need ungrouped , most images I can but sometimes I have problems, email it to me see what I can do

You've got mail. Thank you so much!!!

:olfa

Archived