Anti Graffiti Film on a fish tank (aquarium)

Guest Solscreen

my understanding about the blistering is that it is mostly due to the sunlight, but also it is more when it is new plastic as it is still curing. So, if this is a new tank then it is more likely to be passing gas.

I would think that a tank that cost that much would be very scratch resistant in the first place. A good wax like coating may be the best option.....

Call your film companies and see if any of them have any suggestions too.

Good luck is all I can say for sure....

Just do it already....It shouldnt be a problem being on the inside. Get Paid!

I personally don't agree. I always try to take into account the potential for problems- and the cost for the remedy if there are problems. Glass breakage is always a potential for trouble - but if the risk doesn't seem that high - and the cost to replace broken glass if it happens isn't very expensive - it makes sense to go ahead.

In this case you're looking at using a film most of us have no experience with, on a aquarium which would be outrageously expensive to replace if there are problems. Everyone's got to make their own decision - but I wouldn't touch it.

Guest GDK Electronics

Being an avid fishkeeper my 2 cents are that the tank is more prone to being scratched on the inside from cleaning. Unless there's a cat or dog clawing at the tank the exterior is the least of the customer's worries.

Guest Solscreen
Being an avid fishkeeper my 2 cents are that the tank is more prone to being scratched on the inside from cleaning. Unless there's a cat or dog clawing at the tank the exterior is the least of the customer's worries.

I am not sure why my client is worried about scratching from the outside, but this tank is pretty impressive, floor to ceiling, and has all sorts going on to keep it clean as well a believe, so its self clean as well, as lighting, temp, and feeding.

I will speak to my suppliers and see if they have some data from the manufactors, Ifs its not advisable I would'nt go ahead with the job anyway, I would rather walk away than make a mess of a job.

Thanks for the feed back guys. beer.gif

Archived