• TintDude people reccomendation
    • Political reason
    • Other reason (specify)
    • NEVER WILL CHANGE
    • I will better change business

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... if they don't want to sell me films any more, and that is more than unlikely.

All of them have some films that I like to use, or need at some point.

I'll never be exclusive about films ( I'll keep on using them all if I can get them)

and I'll be using the new ones if they are good enough or look good or whatever...

So I couldn't answer to your poll

The real question would be "If you were thinking about changing, what could your existing supplier have done to keep your business"? Please do not just say "lower my price", because ultimately it has to be about more than just price.

Patric Fransko

National Glass Service Group

The real question would be "If you were thinking about changing, what could your existing supplier have done to keep your business"? Please do not just say "lower my price", because ultimately it has to be about more than just price.

Patric Fransko

lower my prce

Patric Fransko

lower my prce

We all know the percentage of the total job that is accounted for with the price of film. A manufacturer could lower your price by 10% and what would that really do to the end price? Next to nothing. Other than in rare instances, if you are not competitive on a job, the difference in film price is not the reason. Case in point, if you lose a residential job to a competitor that was $2 less per square foot, the film price difference between you and the competitor can only be $.50 of that at the extreme. So, even if the film is $.50 less per square foot you still are off by over $1 even including margin on the film.

It can never only be about price or you are fighting a losing battle. Someone will always be willing to sell it for less than you no matter how low you are.

Just my :beer

Patric Fransko

Patric I think You know - I am russian, and my English is a little bit different :beer

We all know the percentage of the total job that is accounted for with the price of film. A manufacturer could lower your price by 10% and what would that really do to the end price? Next to nothing. Other than in rare instances, if you are not competitive on a job, the difference in film price is not the reason. Case in point, if you lose a residential job to a competitor that was $2 less per square foot, the film price difference between you and the competitor can only be $.50 of that at the extreme. So, even if the film is $.50 less per square foot you still are off by over $1 even including margin on the film.

It can never only be about price or you are fighting a losing battle. Someone will always be willing to sell it for less than you no matter how low you are.

Just my :beer

I am always against price wars. And I posted here lot of posts about. This is way down. This is way to bancrupcy. This way to hell.

But - lot of traders now only one way of sales - "I sell same. But :hide cheaper".

In window film market this wars was started I think in the middle of 90-th....Now there are some american and also bunch of asian teams fighting on price level.

In reality - for installer price means practically nothing. $1 on one meter - that's nothing.

But - no idea why - but people still can be caught on this trick "same but :nope cheaper"

P.S. I am sorry if my explantion hard to understand - I try to grow in English :lol

Archived