Advertise Here

2/4Mill Clear films

lorenzotint

I have had a surge in my high end Residential installs and the big question is straight up UV /fade. The interior designers I work with tell me the clients have seen the high end 70% films that other sub/con tinters are pushing ...and the perf/numbers are impressive.... but the tinted effects are not pleasing to many folks. These folks are bent on fade redution not heat rejection.... Any long term heads up from users of the Clear films over 10 year periods?

Guest Bulldog
I have had a surge in my high end Residential installs and the big question is straight up UV /fade. The interior designers I work with tell me the clients have seen the high end 70% films that other sub/con tinters are pushing ...and the perf/numbers are impressive.... but the tinted effects are not pleasing to many folks. These folks are bent on fade redution not heat rejection.... Any long term heads up from users of the Clear films over 10 year periods?

99% uv protection DOES MOT mean that it is 99% fade reducing!

The IWFA publishes the following guidelines as "Factors of fading"

40% caused by UV

25% by Heat

25% by visible light

10% Misc.--- dye stability of interior furnishings, humidity, artificial light, etc.

IR films keep more of the heat out than light...

traditional films achieve fade protection by reducing more visibile light

In general, 70% and lighter films should not be sold as fade protection...

Guest Dave Lewis

I always tell residential customers the film will not stop fading completely.

The film will generally make things last twice as long. If your couch took 5 years to fade with film your new couch might last 10 years or a little longer but at the same time if the couch faded in 6 months then you will get a year before you see fading damage. :spit

Guest General Sun Shield

40% caused by UV

25% by Heat

25% by visible light

10% Misc.--- dye stability of interior furnishings, humidity, artificial light, etc.

:spit Thats my feeling also.

The more heat and light rejection the better...just inform your customers is all.

They will appreciate the honesty.

Guest General Sun Shield

as far as the customer not pleased by the "tinted effect" films like v-kool 55 are hardly noticed when installed.Especially v-kool 75!

Most customers do not even notice a difference.. :spit

Guest crazytinter

40% caused by UV

25% by Heat

25% by visible light

:spit Thats my feeling also.

The more heat and light rejection the better...just inform your customers is all.

They will appreciate the honesty.

You guys hit it right on the head. Educate your customers.

Do not try to impress with stats, just educate him about what causes things to fade

Archived