PS adhesive and reverse rolling

Ive read some threads on here about needing help using a PS adhesive film for a comm/resi application. My question is, and maybe I should do a poll but dont really know how (maybe TD can fix this post) who on here dont have a problem with say a 69x90 window reverse rolling with a PS film by yourself. I have used Madico's MAC and Charcool (which is an auto film but approved for fg) on fg applications without a problem. I will say it is a pain to lay, but not something I need a helper to pull the liner for. I learned how to reverse roll PS using Solyx frosted film, which was a cake walk compared to Madico MT200, which made my hands sore from reverse rolling.

BTW, I understand the difficulty doing PS adhesive on a window that the sun is shining on. You gotta be quick...really quick.

Guest SandyPanes

We preferr to use PS films they set quicker and have a better grip on the glass. Careful if you reverse roll madico film it will tunnel. Just this past summer we installed a building with 71x117 panes and all of our people can install this by themselfs, It does go quicker if you have help but you should be able to do it by yourself, after a little work.

I did a window last summer with MAC film... I dont remember the size but it was probably like 55x55. I could have done it myself but I really didn't feel like dealing with it so I asked the home owner to pull the liner off.

Any of their dry films.... I have no problem with. But anything really large, while doable, I'd rather have help.

Now I will say its possible I don't know the right trick to it.... since I work solo, I don't have anyone to show me. And the shops I've worked for in the past have all been CDF films... so it was never an issue there either. :(

I would really like to have someone show me though... I'm sure it would come in handy from time to time.

Guest hooligantintboy

I never understood how you can be in the biz and need help with the liner :spit so heres some advice....avoid tinting in the sun,use lots of soap with :tinttank:I dont need help but get a helper if you need one :rollin

Guest scottydosnntkno
I never understood how you can be in the biz and need help with the liner :rollin so heres some advice....avoid tinting in the sun,use lots of soap with :tinttank:I dont need help but get a helper if you need one :spit

If you think you need help, get it. Trust me, its better to be embarassed asking the HO for help then wrecking a $90 piece of film.

get yourself a lightweight metal rod that's maybe 60 inches wide and big around as a nickel. roll the film onto it and reverse roll it down the glass. much easier for the inexperienced. and use more soap than you think you'll need.

Guest teamfutaba
get yourself a lightweight metal rod that's maybe 60 inches wide and big around as a nickel. roll the film onto it and reverse roll it down the glass. much easier for the inexperienced. and use more soap than you think you'll need.

I was asked by a glass guy to tint very hard to reach closit window. went to see the job. 40x100, the film was frost with the only access to the glass on the top and bottom of the window. cut the film to fit on my slitter, rolled it on to the pipe I had cut to 36". used my triumph and unger's on broom sticks to clean the window, did the window while the contractor watched (didnt have a choice). never heard another word. drive by the condo and the whole run is tinted. guess he needed a lesson. I dont use the pipe very often but it sure helps in a sticky situation. ps the heavier the better.

Archived