FORD REAR VIEW

tintgal08

So I had one of those new ford focus tint jobs the other day. I can get the mirror off just fine the problem I have is the mirror's socket separated from the ball. Anyone know how to get them back together with out having to buy a whole new mirror?

Guest tintgod
So I had one of those new ford focus tint jobs the other day. I can get the mirror off just fine the problem I have is the mirror's socket separated from the ball. Anyone know how to get them back together with out having to buy a whole new mirror?

yeah have a special tool for that...go to a glass shop and see if they have one and will get it back in for ya.

Guest thatsnappyguy

your talking about that mirror made by donnely. PITA. I have separated them atleast 4 times over the years. all I have ever been able to do it buy new mirrors. I have tried and tried to get it back on but never works out. its like it needs to be stretched out and crimped back in.

yeah we got a tool for that. if you dont have it try and remove the glass from the mirror. sometimes the pressure breaks it. there might be a metal ring around the prongs to strengthen the hold, remove it. then press the 2 pieces together. keep the ring there just not engaged, then reapply the ring and the glass. done.

Guest tintmanlibby

I poped one off and no one I knew could fix it glass shop's /ford :bingo that costed me a couple buck's

yeah we got a tool for that. if you dont have it try and remove the glass from the mirror. sometimes the pressure breaks it. there might be a metal ring around the prongs to strengthen the hold, remove it. then press the 2 pieces together. keep the ring there just not engaged, then reapply the ring and the glass. done.

this is for the ones that has the ball on the post. some have the ball on the mirror. basically same thing, just remove the glass first so you dont break it trying to force the 2 pieces together.

Archived