2004 explorer factory tint

bjhilburn

Guest scottydosnntkno
factory tinted glass can not be removed. tint over it.

Thanks,

But is that for all the windows, or just the back glass with the black paint around it?

any factory glass. The "paint" your are talking about is the black dot frit that is silkscreened onto the glass during manufacturing. You cannot remove that either. ALL factory tinted glass is dyed glass.

Guest maddtinter
factory tinted glass can not be removed. tint over it.

Thanks,

But is that for all the windows, or just the back glass with the black paint around it?

any factory glass. The "paint" your are talking about is the black dot frit that is silkscreened onto the glass during manufacturing. You cannot remove that either. ALL factory tinted glass is dyed glass.

If you pay closer attention to what his qstn. is.I think your answer will be different.He says "the black flat thick paint over the paint".I think he might be talking about some sort of tape.IMO

I dont know what it was, but im pretty sure that the tint was not inside of the glass... and it was not a dot matirx either. It looked like paint maybe even tape around the tint that had been applied. I wish I had taken a pic... maybe I can get one to post in the future.

I dont know what it was, but im pretty sure that the tint was not inside of the glass... and it was not a dot matirx either. It looked like paint maybe even tape around the tint that had been applied. I wish I had taken a pic... maybe I can get one to post in the future.

You see it on that vehicle regularly and it looks like black tape around the back glass...I try to stay off of it cause it causes small fingering after your install! I don't remove it ...I just work around it!

Archived