impressed with Suntek....ex Madico

Guest techguy

Guest vclimber
bray is so screwed to deal with that there is literally no one up here using madico. why doesn't madico boot 'em and do something different? I'd love to try more madico but not if it means going through bray. :dunno

call cesar(huntington beach) he might be able to help you out. don't let the office girls know where your from though, they'll direct you to bray group.

They'll just make him buy from Bray... and Bray is known for selling retail in Sac.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bray is so screwed to deal with that there is literally no one up here using madico. why doesn't madico boot 'em and do something different? I'd love to try more madico but not if it means going through bray. :dunno

call cesar(huntington beach) he might be able to help you out. don't let the office girls know where your from though, they'll direct you to bray group.

I tried that one when Donna was there :lol2 Suntek :bmw Didn't the carbon have color in the hard coat a few years back :lol2

food for thought. suntek will never be in the same league as lulu , madi, and at times solar gard as bad as some of there films can get. the big 3 hold the majority of the market.

suntek,johnson, mmm, huper,hanita,global,vkool,sun gard, are all fighting for 4th place, no matter how good some of the there products are.

Hmm... sounds like another "big 3" I can think of that many people would have thought in times past would never be surpassed. Now General Motors is struggling to stay alive.

Although I understand what you are saying, my point is take nothing for granted. Many things change faster than anyone would imagine;

Berlin wall

Soviet Union

General Motors struggling to survive

Black US president

cell phone use

China as a growing economic power

etc. etc.

H

Guest absolutetinting

I know lulu does the same thing, but they give the job to one of there local dealers per greg-if he's still around. greg understood not to cross the local dealers because he use to own a tint shop.

so these TOPLINE BILLING for manufactures or distributors should model theirs like what greg has done. thats greg mckay. does anyone know where he is @ now? colorado?

For what its worth ive used madico for the past 12 years or so both flat glass and cars. I have started my own business and have been using Suntek initially attracted by price. I am impressed with the way the auto films shrink and the resiliance to scratching when being applied.

Prior to using madico I used Llumar for over 12 years also.

In the Suntek F/G range their SYDS-15 is almost identical to the SL180 Madico (just a little lighter)and the SYDS-25 can be butted up against the SL280 Madico, its so close. I found the Madico film to have a short life both F/G and Auto.

The NG35 or the NG20 were purple off the roll and looked very dated when put up against the opposition, ie:nightvision series films. This went for most of their film range, it also used to incur a lot of tunnell spearing if it was precut and rolled up for more than one day. Suntek film has lasted a week in a box before applying it and it was perfect.

I tinted my vehicle just four months ago with the Madico Onyx series and the front doors have already started banding especially visible across the top edge and its definately going purple all over.

I had at the same time fitted Suntek HP to my wifes car and its as good as the day it was fitted.......

All in all I'm really impressed with the Suntek product and put it up along sidewith LLumar for quality and ease of installation.

And their price structure means the window tinter can now make a dollar fitting the stuff.

Just my opinion.

techguy

I have used both as well, but I think the above statement is exaggerated. If you are comparing ST HP to Madi Onyx, Onyx is a better film. I used ST for 3 years, and switch back to Madico b/c of how short the ST HP film lasted. I saw a car I had tinted 2 years prior and the film was in bad shape. The onyx I installed on my dads 2 fronts in 01 still looks good, but it has faded. I did my moms two fronts in 02 with onyx 20% and it looks good clarity wise but it pretty purple. I loved the ST architectual films, and never had any problems with it, and still dont. Ive driven by the places I installed ST and it still looks good.

Suntek is a good product, I agree, but in my opinion its not better than Madico. Just like there are films out there that are better than Madico, by the numbers at least. All films will tunnel if it isnt left on the core...ST will too. SYDS is in no way in the same range as the SL series. I dont think they look alike at all.

The Suntek rep stoped in the shop for the first time ever last thursday and was really trying hard to get me to try there products! Filmslayer who now works for me told the rep strait out that there film was :coffee ! I'm the type that likes to try different things just to see what's out there because I've used llumar and Johnsons and Madico and about everything else but I have to admit I've never tried Suntek but got sent 2 40inch x 20foot rolls of there Hp 20 and 30%. Today we have a few cars that I'm going to try Suntek out on and I'll give an update latter today what I think about there film! I really like Llumar and Johnsons window film, so if it's not compareable to there film then I probably won't like it! :poke

The Suntek rep stoped in the shop for the first time ever last thursday and was really trying hard to get me to try there products! Filmslayer who now works for me told the rep strait out that there film was :poke ! I'm the type that likes to try different things just to see what's out there because I've used llumar and Johnsons and Madico and about everything else but I have to admit I've never tried Suntek but got sent 2 40inch x 20foot rolls of there Hp 20 and 30%. Today we have a few cars that I'm going to try Suntek out on and I'll give an update latter today what I think about there film! I really like Llumar and Johnsons window film, so if it's not compareable to there film then I probably won't like it! :coffee

I think you'll like it. I've tried llucy, madi, global, advantage and some others and suntek is still my choice out of all that I've tried. I personally like the hp better than the carbon but they are both good.

Guest vclimber
I know lulu does the same thing, but they give the job to one of there local dealers per greg-if he's still around. greg understood not to cross the local dealers because he use to own a tint shop.

so these TOPLINE BILLING for manufactures or distributors should model theirs like what greg has done. thats greg mckay. does anyone know where he is @ now? colorado?

He's still around... I think he covers the 4 corners and AZ.

Archived