impressed with Suntek....ex Madico

Guest techguy

Guest absolutetinting
I removed Solar Gard hp film off my truck and replaced it with the sample of Suntek carbon 6 months ago. Solargard's film was going bad after 2 years, yea more bad SG film. So far so good.

I really don't know why int shops still use solar gard auto film? it's crap. too thin,delam,orange peel,turning purple on defrost lines and so on.

I bet limotintlarry didn't even use it. :coffee

they should stick to flat glass film only. get rid of their auto film entirely.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer
I removed Solar Gard hp film off my truck and replaced it with the sample of Suntek carbon 6 months ago. Solargard's film was going bad after 2 years, yea more bad SG film. So far so good.

I have personaly seen the suntek HP adheisive start to go bad after 9 months ! then again the FL sun is harsh and I believe our humidty plays a big roll in adheisive failures ... :coffee

I have personaly seen the suntek HP adheisive start to go bad after 9 months ! then again the FL sun is harsh and I believe our humidty plays a big roll in adheisive failures ... :shock

Same here filmslayer...tell TA to use Carbon instead of HP. Ive yet to hear ANYTHING bad about the Carbon line. The HP line is junk...but it shrinks so sweet.

I have personaly seen the suntek HP adheisive start to go bad after 9 months ! then again the FL sun is harsh and I believe our humidty plays a big roll in adheisive failures ... :)

Same here filmslayer...tell TA to use Carbon instead of HP. Ive yet to hear ANYTHING bad about the Carbon line. The HP line is junk...but it shrinks so sweet.

It must be a nasty climate where you guys are cause it gets hot as crap in NC too and I have had the hp line out there for 3 years myself with no problems that I've seen or heard, not even any color change, see alot of them regularly that look as good as the day I installed it :lol Knock on Wood :shock

Well here's my update after Filmslayer and I installed Suntek hp20 on a 99 Malibu. I like the color and like TJ said it shrinks sweet! I can't really say anything bad about it after 1 car but I can see where tinters would like it. I guess one could only say something bad about a film if they used it on a regular basis and had problems that they didn't like. I didn't see anything bad about Suntek hp series, like I said it shrinks like god and it looks good and has a good feel when applying but I don't know the longevity of this product. Only time will tell! :shock

I have personaly seen the suntek HP adheisive start to go bad after 9 months ! then again the FL sun is harsh and I believe our humidty plays a big roll in adheisive failures ... :shock

It must be a nasty climate where you guys are cause it gets hot as crap in NC too and I have had the hp line out there for 3 years myself with no problems that I've seen or heard, not even any color change, see alot of them regularly that look as good as the day I installed it :lol Knock on Wood :)

Might have changed the dye... Goes purple, at 3 years you're due.... If it were color stable don't ya think they'd be pushing that trait?

Try Carbon series and you wont be impressed with it anymore

:thumb

Sorry OCC, I agree, the Carbon line is a color stable film like my Madico CH line. The HP line just wont hold up. TA, dont do anymore cars with the HP, call them back and get a sample of the Carbon. The prices are great on this film and it should last much longer. I have been tossing around the idea of carrying it for auto use. The only thing that sets me back is that I'm a FirstCut dealer through Enpro. I have to buy FirstCut film to remain a FirstCut dealer, which consists of Enpros' software with plotter.

Archived