what to order

had a guy come in the shop the other day wanting to know if we do commercial. owner said we can, yeah. thought it would end up being his whole restaurant but ended up being just a couple of windows and a door. the windows measure 61"x49" and the door is 75"x25". I really dont want to get hosed buying 2 different rolls of film and having to sit on the leftovers. I also dont want to buy small rolls and have to pay the cut charge. what would be the best way to handle this? would you charge the customer the price of all of the tint and then labor?

also I might be in luck as far as the door size goes cause the shop owner got a call on doing some cooler doors. has anyone ever done something like that? im hoping my hearing isnt that bad and thats what he said cause I was in the middle of tinting a car when he told me and dont think I was listening to him fully. any help is appreciated and thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest absolutetinting

u'r in kansas just use u'r auto film and seem it.

I've seen some of the worst commercial tint jobs when I drove through there. like seeming windows when u run out of film and using the scraps to finish the job. not acceptable anywhere except for kansas.

I've seen some of the worst commercial tint jobs when I drove through there. like seeming windows when u run out of film and using the scraps to finish the job. not acceptable anywhere except for kansas.

I don't know about that. I have seen some hack work done throughout the country. It bothers me every time that I am in Vegas and see the seemed windows on the front of the Venetian. Those windows could have and should have been done in one piece, but someone took the easy way out and it makes our industry look terrible as a result.

Patric Fransko

Guest absolutetinting

I don't know about that. I have seen some hack work done throughout the country. It bothers me every time that I am in Vegas and see the seemed windows on the front of the Venetian. Those windows could have and should have been done in one piece, but someone took the easy way out and it makes our industry look terrible as a result.

Patric Fransko

I think I saw that. silverstate tinters might have done it. terrrrrible.

gabby70 just use your auto film. no one is out there but, cows,corn annnnnnnd more cows and corn.

Guest Bulldog

Patric Fransko

Then again, they could have been using that BIG manny that doesnt make their product in 72"...........

Archived